Launch Member

Contributor I

Murrieta, CA, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Cobb
Member #

A day late but who cares. Went out to Sandstone canyon via Fish Creek wash in Anza Borrego for the first time. Went nice and early to beat the heat and glad I did because my AC was struggling to keep up by noon. Note to self: don’t go by yourself like me. Ended up getting stuck and had to get creative with a rock and my bottle jack. My Trooper impressed and did well in the tough and tight spots. Snuck by with no body damage. Definitely recommend you check this out if you’re in So Cal.

Attachments

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
A day late but who cares. Went out to Sandstone canyon via Fish Creek wash in Anza Borrego for the first time. Went nice and early to beat the heat and glad I did because my AC was struggling to keep up by noon. Note to self: don’t go by yourself like me. Ended up getting stuck and had to get creative with a rock and my bottle jack. My Trooper impressed and did well in the tough and tight spots. Snuck by with no body damage. Definitely recommend you check this out if you’re in So Cal.
Nice shots on an even nice day out there!

Reactions: TrooperAdam

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

Finished the sleeper platform

I used wooden pegs for the front and rear section so it can be disassembled when (my wife swears by this) we transport more people than her, I and the kid,v and we need access to the 2/3 rear seat

Ultimately that seat-section is going away, the space underneath converted to a lock box/luggage area

Attachments

Sputnik

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda, Bay Area, CA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
H.
Member #

Nice! I'm looking at getting a WAM winch mount for my Frontier, as well. What winch are you going with?
I have a smittybilt x20 10k with synthetic rope on order from 4wp but it’s been two weeks and I’ve heard nothing yet. Everything is taking three times as long due to the ‘rona panic.

Reactions: Broke

Sputnik

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda, Bay Area, CA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
H.
Member #

And while I wait for the paint to cure (Brownells alumihyde takes about two weeks to fully cure) on the carrier and then for the winch to arrive I installed a Midland mxt275 in the center storage cubby. Except for the little antenna it’s completely hidden unless I take the handset out.

Reactions: Broke

Joshua Buss

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

18245 40th Ave NE, Lake Forest Park, WA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Buss
Member #

It's not an epic trail. But, we introduced our niece and nephews to car camping and eating lunch in random spots along the road.
Goes to show you the best overlanding vehicle is the one in your driveway. Looks great.
We went from Seattle to San Fransisco on nothing but the PCH and gravel roads (we were in our cars not SUV)

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
I painted and installed this rack I put together the other day. I dont have access to a welder so I pop riveted some aluminum together to make a mount for my awning. I think it came out great, and its very strong.
I also hung rear pads and I think I hit a personal best of 35 minutes.:grinning: I am sure some of the more professional backyard mechanics can do it quicker!

Attachments

Last edited:

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

"I dont have access to a welder so I pop riveted some aluminum together to make a mount for my awing. I think it came out great said:
@Shokgoblr

Nice work. Rivets have been holding metal airplanes together since the world was black and white, and are underestimated and underappreciated in today's world.

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
My grandfather was a metal worker in WW2 on the planes. He would be proud. :hearteyes:

Reactions: Shamu

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I painted and installed this rack I put together the other day. I dont have access to a welder so I pop riveted some aluminum together to make a mount for my awing. I think it came out great, and its very strong.
I also hung rear pads and I think I hit a personal best of 35 minutes.:grinning: I am sure some of the more professional backyard mechanics can do it quicker!
Looks solid!