What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Darren01

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hope Mills, North Carolina
Member #

Nice 1G man, looks great. I so miss NC when I was stationed there in the Marines. Its one of the few states on my list that I could live in. Utah still being the top of the list thus why I am here, but I really miss NC.
Thanks!! I’m stattioned at Ft Bragg, originally from Colorado. I’m not much of a fan of NC. The humidity during the summer absolutely wrecks me, and the outdoor scene just isn’t what I was hoping for 3-4hr drive just to get to the mtns). I guess I grew up spoiled in Colorado and having the Rockies only about 30 mins from my house.

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Just picked up a twin ARB compressor since my other one totally failed in Death Valley.

OB# 3805

anotherJeep

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Birmingham, Alabama
First Name
Cullen
Last Name
S
Member #

This is the first time I've really taken my new (to me) jeep off road. Trying to make a game plan for which mods to do when. I will say this, I am very impressed with it completely stock. I'm leaning towards the idea of doing a leveling kit + Rubicon wheels off of a wrangler. Also going to get some traction pads pretty soon- a couple of obstacles I would've really benefited from having a pair.

Reactions: dolli310

Darren01

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Today I traded in my daily driver 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk for a 2018 Jeep Wrangler 4-door. The Cherokee was cool but just didn’t have enough room for my kids, wife and I. I’m very happy with my new JKU and although it’ll be my primary DD (Xterra is my primary overland rig), i still plan to do a few things to the JKU. Here’s a bone stock picture from the dealership. New tires (33s) and wheels (Rubicon) will be installed in a few days.

Attachments

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

Went to explore a few sand tracks that were nearby but I actually didn't know about. And after that I gave the Cruiser a wash, it was 2.5 month's ago so it deserved it :P

Wabbit

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Somewhere out yonder
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Bru
Member #

Today I traded in my daily driver 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk for a 2018 Jeep Wrangler 4-door. The Cherokee was cool but just didn’t have enough room for my kids, wife and I. I’m very happy with my new JKU and although it’ll be my primary DD (Xterra is my primary overland rig), i still plan to do a few things to the JKU. Here’s a bone stock picture from the dealership. New tires (33s) and wheels (Rubicon) will be installed in a few days.
I have a 14 trailhawk and I’ve been contemplating marking the same trade. I just wonder how a wrangler fairs as a DD?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darren01

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I have a 14 trailhawk and I’ve been contemplating marking the same trade. I just wonder how a wrangler fairs as a DD?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well, I put 200 miles on it today. Drove to the beach with my wife, both of my kids and both dogs. Averaged 18.5mpg (mostly highway with a headwind), did some 4wheeling on the beach as well. For my particular family, this thing is a perfect fit as a DD and overland rig. This is withthe stock 29” tires though. I’m picking up some rubicon recon wheels and tires tomorrow, which are 32” tires. After those wear out I’ll get some 33s(255/80/17) . Obviously that will affect my gas mileage a bit. This Jeep fits my needs absolutely perfectly, which is to be a DD and weekend overlander with enough room to fit my family and dogs. Mods will be minimal (everyone says that right?!) with a roof rack, level kit, lightweight bumpers and winch and sliders.

I say do it!!

Reactions: maxfederle89

Poncate

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Waitsburg, Wa
First Name
Jus
Last Name
Tin
Member #

Installed my badge and new shoes, well yesterday, picked up some 235 skinnies in a Toyo At2.

Last edited:

SAC-CA-Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Dublin, CA
Member #

Drained the front and rear diff and took the 3rd member off the axle. Taking them to get 4.56's put in and an ARB rear locker in Thursday. And yes, I know the whole axle didn't need to come off, but I'm putting in Icon rear hydraulic bumpstops and want to clean up some things. Going to put in all new rear bearings, seals, etc as well. Both feel good, but one had some gunk where grease and diff fluid mixed. Figure, may as well do them both now than them go out when I do my expedition trip later this year.20180116_165653.jpg

Wabbit

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Somewhere out yonder
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Bru
Member #

Well, I put 200 miles on it today. Drove to the beach with my wife, both of my kids and both dogs. Averaged 18.5mpg (mostly highway with a headwind), did some 4wheeling on the beach as well. For my particular family, this thing is a perfect fit as a DD and overland rig. This is withthe stock 29” tires though. I’m picking up some rubicon recon wheels and tires tomorrow, which are 32” tires. After those wear out I’ll get some 33s(255/80/17) . Obviously that will affect my gas mileage a bit. This Jeep fits my needs absolutely perfectly, which is to be a DD and weekend overlander with enough room to fit my family and dogs. Mods will be minimal (everyone says that right?!) with a roof rack, level kit, lightweight bumpers and winch and sliders.

I say do it!!
If I pull the trigger it wont be till 2020 when I move back to the states. It's far too nerve racking shipping a vehicle over here to Europe and I'd like to not experience that for awhile. Back when I got my TH (2014) it was perfect as a family hauler/DD. Ever since then I've been dabbling more into the weekend warrior stuff (light trails/mudding/camping etc.) and while I like the comforts of the TH, I've been feeling like a red headed step child of the Jeep family.

Lead K9

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Franklin Park, Illinois
First Name
Lead
Last Name
Dog
Member #

It was a couple days ago, but I finally replaced my Rubi's GPS with a working unit. I've been without one for a long time. Proves it is not a necessary item, but I do enjoy it. :)