Benicia, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wickett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA6XM
Just back from a camping trip and decided I was going to create more space in the Jeep and do a few minor maintenance items. Went through all our camping stuff and removed a bunch of stuff we never use. My main driver behind this thought was to prepare the Jeep for a drawer system and a fridge (decided we were doing that while chatting around the fire). Consolidation went well and made a couple of improvements by finding items that could be more multi use vs. single use. Put the power tank back up on the roll bar recovering precious space. Removed the 5 lb propane tank from interior (transporting it) and will mount to exterior now. Fixed some trim pieces on the RTT. Installed ARB awning at the rear of the Jeep. That made me have to create a new antenna mount bracket to move it a bit out of the way due to awning clearance. Full day of futzing around the Jeep, but at the end of the day, it felt like a lot of little improvements. A good day...

Last edited:

LandPirate

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fort Collins, CO
Member #

Replaced faulty oil pressure switch and got my new G015 A/T in the mail (tore a sidewall on the dead one). Tomorrow is mount, balance, rebalance all existing tires, alignment and then hit the trails in CO.

Reactions: robrtsmtn

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Added some 3/4” shackles with red isolators to ARB bumper.
i saw another thread on OB talking about these. those are for hilift jack points. they are not recovery points.

Reactions: French

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Replaced faulty oil pressure switch and got my new G015 A/T in the mail (tore a sidewall on the dead one). Tomorrow is mount, balance, rebalance all existing tires, alignment and then hit the trails in CO.
I had been fighting faulty oil pressure sending units for months...luckily I had lifetime warranty on them. I ended up getting one from the dealer and that one hasn't failed...I will keep the crappy Mexico one as backup now. I should have gone with the more expensive one right off the bat.

Reactions: LandPirate

Homeguy

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Calgary, AB
I picked up my long range auxiliary fuel tank for my Jeep this week. I should be getting it installed very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Got her setup for a trip wheeling in the snow to find a Christmas tree this weekend. Its weird to say that.....

Its a fun family tradition we started a few years ago. The kids love it.

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Washed up the teardrop and stored it in the garage for the winter or until I head out to work out of state and take it with me.

Reactions: robrtsmtn