Nashville, TN
First Name
David
Last Name
Yancy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4DKY
Did a little bed liner spray on my Rugged Ridge Snorkel intake. Here’s a before and after actually think it looks better than just the clear plastic all scratched up.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Yep, that looks worlds better! Nice!

Reactions: Jose

EODCoduto

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Muscle Shoals, AL, USA
First Name
Gage
Last Name
Coduto
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KQ4HNV
Service Branch
USMC
Pulled the shot transmission, changed my fuel filter to a dual setup, replaced the pan gasket and rear main seal. All in one day.

BackWoods

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Northfield, Summit County, Ohio, United States
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Tritabaugh
Member #

Service Branch
Army

Put in a new Garmin GPS in my Explorer “Eddie” This Drive 5 GPS is definitely an upgrade from my old 9 year old NUVI. I️ also installed Gaia mapping software on my iPad for off-road navigation. Also learning how to use Garmin’s new base camp software to help with trip planning

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Love your Jeep! Very cool to see an CJ

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
Thank you! My Jeep is actually a 94 YJ with a CJ front clip and tailgate. I've always loved the CJ's but couldn't find a decent one when I was shopping for a Jeep - so I found a front clip and tailgate and love the look!

vidkun

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bentonville, AR
Member #

Swapped my TIPM to fix my issue of trying to constantly shift to 4low.

Now with the new TIPM I have a whole new set of odd issues: airbag light on, honks when I hit lock button on key fob, headlights come on when hitting unlock button and stay on until I start the truck.

FML I hate these stupid TIPMs!!!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Sonarman

GoXplore

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville, TN
First Name
David
Last Name
Yancy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4DKY
I spent the past two days doing a fairly thorough cleaning of the 2500 since Winter is around the corner and I like to have things squared away before the weather turns. I pressure washed the undercarriage and wheel wells, took a wire brush to and then sprayed some Eastwood Rust Encapsulator black paint on any of the parts beneath (axles, frame, hardware, etc.) that were showing any signs of corrosion or wear on existing finishes, then gave the whole truck a good wash by hand and waxed the body panels afterward. After that I spent some time on the factory front bumper with some touch-up paint filling in any rock chips that have appeared over the past few months. All in the name of keeping corrosion at bay.

It won't stay clean, of course, but I needed a clean truck in order to do the other preventative maintenance. Now I won't feel so bad about getting it dirty again knowing that there are some steps in place to protect what's beneath the dirt.

Hopefully next Spring I can replace the front bumper with a Buckstop unit. It depends on how good business is over the next few months.