Rank 0

Contributor II

UK
First Name
C
Last Name
C

My current setup.

Aldi discounted boots for work commute & ICON Superduty 4 Boot for summer use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColoradoRick

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Central Coast CA
Member #

Interesting subject, I have never been a fan of Gortex and despite the hype, my feet get sweaty and then cold. I tend to be in all leather footwear from the office to the field. I tend to use my 8" no insulate, Danners when hunting, they are a bit of a hassle to get on and off, but provide great ankle and arch support. My feet never get tired when I wear them, though they have been cold while just sitting on hunts.
Recently l bought a pair of 6" Chukka's from Wiggy's in CO. Those things are my new favorites. I have worn them into Northern AK a few times this year and even Colorado once with these crazy socks he makes. I love these things. The 6 inch ankles are pretty good for driving if you are getting in and out and futzing around. Not sure I would wear them on long hours at the wheel.
--
Good luck
Rick

Reactions: Kelly

Lead K9

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Franklin Park, Illinois
First Name
Lead
Last Name
Dog
Member #

I have a pair of Asolo 520s that I wear regardless of what I'm doing outdoors. I'm on my second pair. They are light, Gore-Tex, and very comfortable.

But the funny thing about boots is they fit everyone differently. A friend raves about his Keens the way I love my Asolos. However, the Keens seem to be just a bit too wide for me so I have to stay away from them. It doesn't reflect on their quality, just my feet. So get out there and try on several pairs before you fall in love with your particular make and model.

Lead K9

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Franklin Park, Illinois
First Name
Lead
Last Name
Dog
Member #

I forgot to mention good socks. They will improve the experience of any boots and make a huge difference on your adventures.

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

Usa made danner super rainforest for work and saloman 4d gtx 2 for everything else, Darn tuff merino socks.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Shane B

Ron Clark

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Depends on the area and temperatures.

I have Bates, Rockies, Chippewa, Oakley's, and four pairs of Black Hawks.

I just watch for items at a heavy discount. The Black Hawks are mo go to boot now that I don't fly. I generally can get them for about $35 on sale with MSRP of $195.

ColoradoRick

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Central Coast CA
Member #

I know this is about boots... but gotta just say that is a damn fine looking FJ.
Running the same year and model... but still 100% stock.
--
Rick