What boots do members wear

• HTML tutorial

krax

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

NC
Member #

If boots are necessary, than it's either the Salomon Quest 4D or the Danner Mountain Light II.

The Salomons are lighter. The Danners look better and can double as casual shoes in town.

I prefer trail runners or approach shoes to boots almost any day, or I'll split the difference and wear Paladium boots which are basically ruggedized Chuck Taylors.

Reactions: Sparky

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

Bought a new pair of walking boots today SCARPA bought the same brand all my life usualy get abought 3/4 years out of a pair have summer light weights gortex and winter boots Gortex lined
Got me to thinking good pair of boots have to be driven in although hate driving in me winter boots , oh and have Rw williams aussys for light duty
Scarpa for me. Wildland firefighting has shown me these boots are king. I love mine.

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Merrells are great shoes. Long lasting on the outside and pretty comfy on the inside. When I wear boots, summer - Bates camo and winter - Bellevilles gortex insulated courtesy of the US Government.

vicali

Rank IV

Advocate II

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Lowa's are my go to

OB2779
I have the exact same pair! Really liking them for the past 8 months. Last pair were Merrell Moab 2 Vent Mid Hiking Boots. They weren't too bad. Before them I had a pair from Vasque, one from their Breeze line if I recall.

If I had to choose between them again, I'd probably go for the current Lowa's.

Reactions: Sparky and TacoZim

15Canyon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Edmonton
Member #

I've got Vasque St. Elias, which I think are absolutely amazing. They're super comfortable and the traction is great.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
I wear my scarpas every day think they have let them selves down moving production
I bought a size 11 made in italy , the pair i bought yesterday were size 12 and i had to take them back to replace them for a size 13 made in eastern euroupe lol. The quality looks the same lets see how the compare to my old ones

JeepinZJ

Rank 0

Traveler I

SHE Outdoor Trekker IV Waterproof Hunting Boots for women

I bought mine from Bass Pro Shop (brass pro shop brand SHE). I use them for hiking or when off road. But the main reason I brought them is I volunteer with the Forest Service in the San Gabriel Canyon, mainly in the Azusa OHV and this was a requirement that I have a pair of boots.

I love these boots, they are comfortable to wear all day in the OHV, on pavement, climbing on some rocks and even after I drenched them in reservoir a few times. This is coming from someone who only goes barefoot or wears sandals 24/7 :)

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited: