Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Southern Vancouver Island
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Freer
Member #

For heavy loads and harsh terrain Mammut Trovat Guide High GTX.
Light weight hikers (the ones I wear most of the time) A pair of solomon's that I cannot remember the model number.
Keen Newport and neopreen socks for paddling.

AZBubs

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Tan Valley, AZ
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BHP
5 years ago I got a pair of KEEN Targhee II Mid boots while setting up for a trip to the tip of Cape York Peninsula. 70,000 kilometres and a lap of Australia later, they wore out. They're a great general hiking boot, with good traction in the bush and a good feel to drive with (some don't have any sensation on the accelerator). I bought another two pairs - one to wear and the other to have in case Keen changes their product - so I'm set for the next 10 years, I guess.

Cheers from Aus
Pete
They have the Targhee iii now. Still stout like the Targhee ii. The newer Keens seem to have a bit narrower toe box so if you like the wider toe it’s recommended to order the wide size. Other than that similar construction just a modernized look. PLUS there is a ventilator model.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

tenebs

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Margy
Last Name
Green
Member #

Salomon Quest are my go to for a boot. For day hiking on trails Altra LonePeak low top.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

My favorite go to winter boots are the Wetland Muck Boots. Little heavy but I also have horses and lits of mud at my house. Love that they are waterproof and can spray them off at the carwash when I get the mud off of my Jeep.

Reactions: sabjku

Enthusiast II

Hartford, SD
I've been using Danner 435 boots for a while now. I get good life out of them and have been pretty comfortable. I walk about 3-4 miles a day at work on them and then take em out hiking on the weekends.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

I've been using Danner 435 boots for a while now. I get good life out of them and have been pretty comfortable. I walk about 3-4 miles a day at work on them and then take em out hiking on the weekends.
I have some danners to that I really love. Good boot.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Bought a new pair of walking boots today SCARPA bought the same brand all my life usualy get abought 3/4 years out of a pair have summer light weights gortex and winter boots Gortex lined
Got me to thinking good pair of boots have to be driven in although hate driving in me winter boots , oh and have Rw williams aussys for light duty
Great subject. My work boots are Brahma water proof steel toes. My hiking boots are Red Heads. And my everyday boots are Ariat cowboy boots. Hey, it's Texas!

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I have 3 pairs of Sorel winter boots. The oldest pair are about 40 years old are now pretty much dedicated to snow blowing and work around the house. I replaced the liners once but they're still in great shape and I can't believe I still have them. I bought my latest pair just a few weeks ago. I don't like thinking of boots this way but they should last me for the rest of my life ... ugh.

Other than that I usually go with Columbia boots for general use plus camping, hiking, biking, etc. They fit me well and have lasted. There have been a lot of good posts here and I'll probably try a few different types.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Update: I finally got rid of the Vasques. My new pair of hikers is Timberlands and I'm seriously disappointed. I have a pair of Muck mid tops for winter slushy/rainy weather (super warm and super dry). My work boots are Carolinas (steel toe, waterproof). And my Justins are still kickin around in case I find a place to two-step up here.

Reactions: roots66

Txcoast

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, VA, USA
Member #

I've been wearing the same pair of Danner Bull Runs almost every day for a year and a half. They took a couple weeks to break in, but now they're more comfortable than my running shoes. I work in them, and they dress up well enough that I can wear them with nicer clothes.

For mud, snow, and rain I wear Bogs.

Reactions: sabjku

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Vasque Snowblime UltraDry's......for me, the most comfortable boot I've ever owned, because they fit me perfectly. Even though they are an insulated boot, I still find myself grabbing them all year round because they're so darn comfortable, even in the summer.

DividedSky

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

USA
Member #

There is only one boot worth owning and it starts and ends with "Lowa"
It took me a while to get used to their narrow soles/heel, but love my Lowa boots.
Lol. Wait a sec... Lowa as my last pair. Yeah, great boots. Now I have Asolo. Also awesome boots btw. You really shouldn’t pledge blind allegiance to any one brand though. Like a wise man once said, it isn’t what you drive...

BIG4570

Rank 0

Contributor I

It took me a while to get used to their narrow soles/heel, but love my Lowa boots.
Lol. Wait a sec... Lowa as my last pair. Yeah, great boots. Now I have Asolo. Also awesome boots btw. You really shouldn’t pledge blind allegiance to any one brand though. Like a wise man once said, it isn’t what you drive...
Your right I shouldn't, however I have also burned through enough danners and rockys that when I spend my own cash I want to know I'm getting something quality.

citybiker

Rank 0

Contributor II

UK
First Name
C
Last Name
C
2019 update:

Autumn & Winter, Forma Boulder.
Spring & Summer, Sidi Vortice, or Icon paddock type shoe.