Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Got a few pairs of austrialian williams boots. Gardiner and stockmans. Cracking boots for everyday wear , my scarper are holding up well too

DividedSky

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

USA
Member #

Your right I shouldn't, however I have also burned through enough danners and rockys that when I spend my own cash I want to know I'm getting something quality.
I’ll agree w you that a good quality pair is worth the $$ since they will last way longer and fit better the whole time. And like I said, my Lowa boots were great. Lasted me 15 years, much of which was in crappy New England snow/slush. Eventually the mid-sole disintegrated though, but I sure got my money’s worth w them!

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Decided to tidy my boot room ive got a habit
Timberland pro steel toe.
Scarpa winter
Scarpar light wight
Rm williams stockman
Rm wiliams gardener boot
Hunter leather highland boots 2 pairs long story
Red spider work boot
Scarper summer boots
Hunter wellinton boots

:flushed:

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

Bates Code 4,6, or 8 depending on how high you want them. I wear them for everything and they are more comfortable than my tennis shoes. I wear them 12 hours a day while on duty and I'll never wear anything else.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Bates Code 4,6, or 8 depending on how high you want them. I wear them for everything and they are more comfortable than my tennis shoes. I wear them 12 hours a day while on duty and I'll never wear anything else.
Yeah, Bates is my boot as well. Have a pair that have outlasted my Magellan and Timberland hiking boots.

Reactions: BlueLineOverland

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
I had a pair of redwing they lasted but left them in ghana to a local lad am a size 11 he was sise 6

Truckee

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Bay Area, CA
Like many earlier replies, I'm still using my very old Vasque mountaineering boots, made in Italy. I might not ever need another pair.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Merrell moab mids, columbia butte, ariat square toe work boots , or servus muck/mud boots by honeywell. If on beach or at the lake body glove water shoes

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

My family has used Oboz recently. They have all sorts of styles (from backpacking to low top hiking). They have great durability and look really nice. I highly recommend.

Wolf427

Rank III

Contributor III

Halton Hills, ON, Canada
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Mancini
My everyday boot currently is a pair of Blundstone 585's. I hate them. My go to boot was the Doc Marten 2296. I love a good leather wellington boot. They lasted me about 6 years, but you can't get them in Canada anymore. For laced boots I wear a pair of Royer Agility Land Operation boots, most comfortable footwear I've ever worn in my entire life. I also have a pair of Wolverine Loader's, but those stay nice.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Adventurevanisle

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

View Royal, Capital Regional District, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Marshall
Last Name
Rooney
Member #

I’m a really big fan of Salomon shoes/boots.

I wore a pair of Salomon X Ultra 2s on hikes and almost daily for work. They were a comfortable and breathable shoe with no uncomfortable “break in” period. They lasted me for about 5-6 years before the sole started to separate. The quick lace system on them was really nice and stayed tight with no issues.

Since then I have been wearing the Salomon X Ultra Mid GTX almost daily and on hikes for about a year and so far am really liking them. They have a little more ankle support over the shoe but are still lightweight. Really like the waterproof-ness and breath ability of the Goretex.

Chuckem12

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

South Florida
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Mike
Member #

Merrell boots have always worked for me. I like their Mid and Low designs. I haven't tried the High-tops yet though but I have always heard good things. Throughout my time in the military, I also wore Matterhorn boots.... very comfortable after broken in and the leather is very forgiving (if you wanted more leather type). The new Nike SFB's and Gen 2's have been pretty good so far and have held up fairly well. They are a little pricier but for daily wear, they've been good. you could always go with some Danner boots too...they have a well established history with outdoor work.

My suggestion though.... if you have flat feet....stay away from Lowa or Soloman boots....they are designed for people with higher arches. Get a flatter insole boot and add your own insoles to them.