Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sunnyvale, CA
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Wolfe
Member #

Im just curious. Where could you find a usable OEM radiator for this rig? It would seem very difficult. I dont know old Land Rovers at all.
Actually OEM might not be the right phrase. However there are still lots of Land Rovers out there (we just don't see them here in the US). So the parts availability for them is pretty good. Combine that with the fact that they really didn't change much for several decades and there isn't a lot on my car that was to be damaged that I couldn't replace. Heck, even the frame is completely replaceable. I had one Rover that we called Frankenstein. If you looked you could spot about six different Rovers and even some "home made" parts use to build it.

Simon Wolfe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sunnyvale, CA
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Wolfe
Member #

An Update!.. OK I got the radiator back and it looks good. The repair wasn't too bad. I went to upgrade the generator with an alternator but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the old generator out. I guess it is time to RTFM.. Meanwhile i did get the radiator back in place. It rained today, so nothing happened. Maybe tomorrow I can finish up and get Oliver running again.

Reactions: asturdivan

Rugged Life

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Its been a long time since Ive seen another person with a photo of their truck with an old marine style tow rope Simon. Ive still got a rope my dad handed down to me which would now be over 30 years old and I still use it for gentle recoveries. Given they suit the older trucks I keep mine on the 60 series Land Cruiser

IMG_0605.jpg

Reactions: buckwilk