US West Weekend At Bear Lake CA (west shore Tahoe)

• HTML tutorial

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Important Info

Keep an eye on this post #2 as I’ll be updating it with relevant info.

Due to space limitations 20 rigs are allowed and due to the lack of rain the forests are restricting campfires but propane stoves and fire pits are allowed. If we can muster a couple propane fire pits I think we can still have some fun roasting s’mores at night. If you’ve got a mountain bike, kayak, fishing poles, this would be a fun trip to enjoy them with! If I can fit it I may even bring my R/C plane on floats :)

Details-
Thursday to Saturday/Sunday, the lake often fills fast so we are heading up Thursday to give us the best shot for securing spots together. If you opt to come late I can’t guarantee we can save a spot with the main group.

Leave Thursday 9AM from the In and Out parking lot (the lot to the right) at Livermore Ave and 580E in Livermore CA. Please come fueled and ready to roll at 9am June 24th, 2021.

————————-
Originally I communicated that there were two options getting into the lake, but now there is just one. We will be taking what we call the easy way in because the staging area for the Rubicon Trail will be under maintenance June 21 to the 25th. What that changes for the trip is that there will be more traffic going by Bear Lake but other than that we should be pretty good. I’ve also increased the RSVP limit to 20. There is more camping spots than we originally were able to scout due to snow.

There are some great trails to explore all around this area. If anyone is free to head up Wednesday to claim the spot I can give you some Home Depot barrier tape!

Last edited:

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
We’ve got a full trip and waitlist already, so if it turns out someone needs to change plans or back out please let me know in advance. Thanks

Reactions: Overlandenthusiast

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Originally I communicated that there were two options getting into the lake, but now there is just one. We will be taking what we call the easy way in because the staging area for the Rubicon Trail will be under maintenance June 21 to the 25th. What that changes for the trip is that there will be more traffic going by Bear Lake but other than that we should be pretty good. I’ve also increased the RSVP limit to 20. There is more camping spots than we originally were able to scout due to snow.

There are some great trails to explore all around this area. If anyone is free to head up Wednesday to claim the spot I can give you some Home Depot barrier tape!

Map of closure detailsBE7BFDBB-99CF-42D0-A24F-6FB554543015.jpeg

WilC

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

San Ramon, CA, USA
First Name
william
Last Name
childress
Member #

Map of closure detailsView attachment 200530
Barring any unforeseen issues, I'll go up Wednesday.

WilC

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

San Ramon, CA, USA
First Name
william
Last Name
childress
Member #

Ok great keep us updated. but seriously I wanna have you tape off a section and let people know we are coming in Thursday
I have no problem doing that.

Since I haven't been there before, what would be helpful is an arial map and space requirement discussion. I want to make sure that I get enough space without over doing it. We can discuss at next meetup.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I have no problem doing that.

Since I haven't been there before, what would be helpful is an arial map and space requirement discussion. I want to make sure that I get enough space without over doing it. We can discuss at next meetup.
Curiosity of @AzzyRnr
5626DC7F-0FF3-44FC-B814-F362303792B0.jpeg

Overlandenthusiast

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco, California, United States
First Name
Aparajit
Last Name
Bajpai
Member #