• HTML tutorial

Contributor II

Ladysmith BC
First Name
Darrin
Last Name
Pritchett
'newbie' from Ladysmith BC

rebuilding a 2001 grand cherokee, as the new family mover/bad weather/exploration camping vehicle. (so I can trade the minivan in for a Challenger LOL )

and custom building a trailer with amenities that'll make the wife and kiddo wanna come too haha

plans for the jeep are a mild lift (3inch ish) ... 30-31 inch tires.... armor ... and some fun for the driveline bits

Hopefully have it back on the road end of summer... but I doubt that'll be with lift and goodies

Reactions: Adventurevanisle

Adventurevanisle

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

View Royal, Capital Regional District, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Marshall
Last Name
Rooney
Member #

'newbie' from Ladysmith BC

rebuilding a 2001 grand cherokee, as the new family mover/bad weather/exploration camping vehicle. (so I can trade the minivan in for a Challenger LOL )

and custom building a trailer with amenities that'll make the wife and kiddo wanna come too haha

plans for the jeep are a mild lift (3inch ish) ... 30-31 inch tires.... armor ... and some fun for the driveline bits

Hopefully have it back on the road end of summer... but I doubt that'll be with lift and goodies
Welcome!

stonehead

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Victoria, BC, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Stone
Member #

New to OB. Victoria is home jku is rig getting it ready for some trips. Want to explore the west coast of the island. Any suggestions?

Enthusiast III

Thompson-Nicola Regional District, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Masters
Member #

New to OB. Victoria is home jku is rig getting it ready for some trips. Want to explore the west coast of the island. Any suggestions?
Head out through Sooke to Port renfrew, over to Cowichan lake, then head over to nitnat lake, check out walbran valley, then over to Port Alberni. Lots to see on that route, and lots of little camp sites to stay.

Reactions: JimInBC

Sea To Sky Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Cumberland, BC, Canada
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Mudge
Member #

We’re planning on heading up to Side Bay August long weekend... has anyone made it up there recently? I’ve heard some chatter about there being a few washouts in the road... trying to gauge how bad the washouts actually are... if anyone has any recent pictures they would be much appreciated.

Enthusiast III

Thompson-Nicola Regional District, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Masters
Member #

New to OB. From duncan area. I am a lifer to the island 40 some odd years! Was a member of the island rock crawlers some years back and picked up an AWD astrovan that will be my new exploring rig! Hope to get out for a drive soon.
I was in Chemainus till four years ago, the nitnat area is a fun area to explore, lots to see.

RWAYOUT

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Stackniak
Member #

Just adding in that I'm moving out to the island in a few weeks. Victoria/Langford area. Have a LR3 with 2" rods and 32" duratracs. Looking to explore the island for all the hidden little areas ! Looking forward to meeting some of you !

Reactions: Buckwheeat

Voodoo 1

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edmonds, WA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Hoskins
Member #

I know there aren't a ton of us yet but I wanna change that! The island is definitely it's own region apart from the main land, even if just because of the damn ferry being so expensive to take our vehicles on and off Haha.

There's some pretty amazing places to hit up here on the island, lots of logging roads and trails that lead to some really unbelievably awesome spots!

If anyone knows someone good spots on the island let's talk!
I have always wanted to explore the island. If anything gets put together let know.

VI Overlander

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

Fanny Bay BC Canada
Ham/GMRS Callsign
chernoble
My kind of rig, have you a photo? I have family on the island but I'm now in Nakusp. Home of Nakusp Hot Springs
Heres hoping we have clear skies and a lighter fire season this year..

View attachment 100185
0CE9677D-FF2F-4FCE-9DA5-AB7B6FBCF016.png
Version 2.0 from last year. 3.0 is going down now with electrical, propane and water all built in. Pull out kitchen from the tailgate and tool storage on the outside. I’m also considering upgrading the axle to one with trailer brakes. Noticed a bit of pushing in certain circumstances the previous year. May or may not have rear ended someone in Oregon last year.....ok I did, lmao.

VI Overlander

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

Fanny Bay BC Canada
Ham/GMRS Callsign
chernoble
We should plan a rally from Victoria to Hardy/Holberg area for summer time. I know with the times right now it may not be feasible but I believe if we plan it for August (maybe long weekend) we should be good. Try and backroad as much as possible, obviously we can’t do the whole island on gravel but there are lots of options and alternative routes. If we can make this an annual event then other members from the mainland can plan for it. Thoughts, opinions?

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

We should plan a rally from Victoria to Hardy/Holberg area for summer time. I know with the times right now it may not be feasible but I believe if we plan it for August (maybe long weekend) we should be good. Try and backroad as much as possible, obviously we can’t do the whole island on gravel but there are lots of options and alternative routes. If we can make this an annual event then other members from the mainland can plan for it. Thoughts, opinions?
I for one adore this plan, and I would definitely try to make it out for such an event, and I'd try to bring along some of my adventure buddies as well.

VI Overlander

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

Fanny Bay BC Canada
Ham/GMRS Callsign
chernoble
Long weekend rally-

Saturday Vic - Renfew mostly pavement but renfew has a ton of trails to explore

Sunday Renfrew - Bamfield. Roll out to lake cowichan for gas up then backroads to Bamfield

Monday Bamfield-Alberni/Catherdral Grove and back to whereever you came from.

Figured this would allow enough time at destinations to explore either on foot or wheeling. Get to show people some of the island they may have never seen. Both destinations offer accommodations as well as camping.

Thoughts?