Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

Ok. Well that’s easy then. I can bring the chicken. If somebody else wants to volunteer for veggies and somebody volunteer for another side ( potatoes, Mac n cheese, etc. ).

Is everybody good with garlic and strong flavors? I have a new rub I wanna try. It’s very garlicky and somewhat spice like

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

Zombie... are these campsites free? As well as accessible during winter months?

All of these spots are off Forest road 95 west of Stokesville campground.

The third one is up a dirt road that you access at the Todd lake campground.

38.3589744, -79.1834239
38.3614256, -79.1977066
38.3642141, -79.2217335

You have to invite me though. I also have a really cool one near Snowden Virginia, but that might have to remain secret for now.

Zombie

Local Expert Virginia, USA
Investor

Advocate III

Richmond, VA USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZTU
All are free. They are in the GWNF. Third one may close during snow.

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

So, a few days before the meetup, I have a few things to add/change up.

First off, for the camping trip, be advised, if you plan on attending, we were going to be doing a group style meal, but since not many people have rsvp'd for this event, we will be switching over to a modified dinner plan. We will still be doing multiple sides to share between the group, but it's going to be a "bring your own meat/protien" dinner. So bring your own steak, fish, chicken, whatever, and we will have ample grilling space to cook everything.

Second, don't know if I said it once or not, but this is also bring your own beer/liquor. We are trying to be as covid friendly as possible, so... yeah.

And thirdly, so excited to get an event rolling in this new year!

If you want to go with us on this trip after the meetup and haven't rsvp'd, please do so, so I may have an accurate count of who's going.

Thanks guys and see y'all on Saturday!

Reactions: Boucher

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
Excited to meet everyone .... Im Gonna test out a 270 awning I picked up , I purchased it for the little offroad pop up I have but I think it will be to heavy

Reactions: foamy_squirrel

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

Excellent! So, has everyone already bought and/or had their protein of choice, or do we need to stop by Kroger in Staunton?

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
I'm picking my stuff tonight but I can hold off till Staunton too / it will be a good fuel stop for the PIG I'm driving before I hit the trails

Last edited:

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

Well, I figured it'd be easier to just go in Kroger, because then we can collectively decide on sides. That way we don't waste food, and everyone can get what they want anyway.

Reactions: DevilDodge

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

So... just a little FYI for everybody.

I plan on running the Allegheny/Shenandoah Overland Trail. It will take about 5-6 days if you take it nice and easy, maybe 7 total. I don't know exactly when, but it will be sometime this year.

If anyone is interested, seriously interested in going, please PM me. I am trying to organize this ASAP and get all the details squared away. I am a huge pre-planner, so I want to know who is going, what rigs, etc.

It's going to be a fun trip!