Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Reimer
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
We will be trying a meetup next month. I’ve just been really busy with work. And a bit discouraged to be honest. Almost nobody shows up to these meets that we try to host so… a bit disheartening
I'm guilty of no-shows. It took me too long to figure out the Rally Point system - I would see postings saying there would be a meetup, time TBD, and never see another posting, only to later realize that you had set it all up as a Rally Point.

RedLeg

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Locust Grove, VA
First Name
Leif
Last Name
Henecke
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
We’re still out here and would like to get together… We went to OX-East but didn’t really see any members, followed that up the next weekend at JRSP for the RTT Rally and met a bunch, mostly from out of state.

deltafred

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Ruckersville, VA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Crouch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
None Yet!
Service Branch
Marine Corps; Army
I'm guilty of no-shows. It took me too long to figure out the Rally Point system - I would see postings saying there would be a meetup, time TBD, and never see another posting, only to later realize that you had set it all up as a Rally Point.
I do not know if you can count me as a no show, as I have never committed to showing up, but would like to...and I still do not have a rig yet...it is on order!!! At least this is giving me some stored up karma in the form of patience!

Old Tanker

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Reimer
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I do not know if you can count me as a no show, as I have never committed to showing up, but would like to...and I still do not have a rig yet...it is on order!!! At least this is giving me some stored up karma in the form of patience!
Kinda the same here - I waited until the lift was in place, and then noticed the meetups had paused. Must be frustrating trying to set things up, with those not ready for a trail run, those already committed to something else, those who commit and forget...

Uberland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Springfield, VA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Sigh...I should be showing up more as well. Juggling the social requirements of five kids is tough!

Let me know when next month's get-together is scheduled, and I'll do my best. Some overseas travel around the 12th, though.

Uberland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Springfield, VA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Brown
Member #

I'm guessing not...where does everyone live, roughly? There has to be a state park, or even just a coffee shop with a big enough parking lot, for interested parties to gather? Lord knows that I see a TON of "overland rigs" in the area, although I suspect many are Pavement Princesses...

hfd376

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Henrico, VA, USA
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Mitchell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N4HDF
I'm in Richmond. There used to be a group that got together in Elkton, but I'm not sure if they still meet.

rebelwolfinva

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Prince William County, Virginia, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Hinkle
Member #

Fredericksburg may be a good midway point between NoVa / Richmond, not sure if there's a state by state map for members to see where a majority of the members are situated. Knowing how much 95 is awful on the weekends, weekdays, days that end in -y, some folks may be leery of doing long drives more often than not if the location is always the same. Granted, I've only joined here for the last couple of months and haven't partaked in many threads.

Reactions: MadMedic and hfd376

deltafred

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Ruckersville, VA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Crouch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
None Yet!
Service Branch
Marine Corps; Army
Reactions: MadMedic

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
My wife and I are headed out for a weekend offroad trip near the Ashville NC area 18-20 March leaving first thing Friday am returning to the area Sunday anyone is welcome to join us.

Reactions: Carnage_95YJ

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
New Item does anyone know of a good place reasonable rates to wrap the off-road camper I'm currently building? Thank you in advance

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

My wife and I are headed out for a weekend offroad trip near the Ashville NC area 18-20 March leaving first thing Friday am returning to the area Sunday anyone is welcome to join us.
I’m in Charlotte, NC area and would be interested.
We have a rigs & coffee group that has been looking to put a Western NC ride together. March 18-20 would be the weekend after our next meetup.

Here is our group thread:

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
We have a rigs & coffee group that has been looking to put a Western NC ride together. March 18-20 would be the weekend after our next meetup.

That would be great if you joined up, I haven't officially done a rallying point as I'm still investigating the area. NC is one area I've never explored

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

That would be great if you joined up, I haven't officially done a rallying point as I'm still investigating the area. NC is one area I've never explored
Post up on the Charlotte thread. The guys and gals there have done more in WNC. I have wheeled in Uwharrie a bunch, but it doesn’t open back up until April.
If we get interest from others in Charlotte we can make a Rally Point in VA and one in Charlotte with a 3rd RP where ever we decide to start wheeling.

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
Are the RVA folks non-esintict now? Seems no one is doing anything these days

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
Changing my Ashville trip plans to a portion of Virginia and West Va TAT

overlandkeebs82

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Virginia, USA
First Name
bryan
Last Name
camden
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force veteran
Are the RVA folks non-esintict now? Seems no one is doing anything these days
im in the RVA area newish to the forums and looking to see if anyone interested in meetups, rigs and coffee or trail ride