Richmond, VA USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZTU
I know a bunch of really cool places in the GWNF. Let me figure out the best way to post them.

Zombie

Local Expert Virginia, USA
Investor

Advocate III

Richmond, VA USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZTU
All of these spots are off Forest road 95 west of Stokesville campground.

The third one is up a dirt road that you access at the Todd lake campground.

38.3589744, -79.1834239
38.3614256, -79.1977066
38.3642141, -79.2217335

You have to invite me though. I also have a really cool one near Snowden Virginia, but that might have to remain secret for now.

Reactions: phlfly and Hafaday

Driz1978

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Andreasen
Member #

Hey peoples! Geesh, it’s been a long time since I posted anything. So... we ARE going to be holding the monthly meetup in January. Haven’t decided on location yet, but we definitely WILL be having a January meet up. So look out for that in the next few weeks.

Also, planning on a fun winter trip into Monongahela National Forest after Xmas, so anyone interested in that, please give me a shout.
I would be interested in tagging along. Does the group allow non members to attend?

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
So, we will be holding the first meetup of 2021 @ Cupertino's Bagels. 3621 Cox Rd, Henrico, VA 23233. I personally will be in the parking lot at 0800 hours on January 16th, 2021. This will be a simple, overlanders meetup, with good breakfast food available. We will probably stay there for a few hours.

To further this event, if anyone is interested... we plan on rolling out from Cupertino's around 10am to head into Shenandoah area, maybe flagpole, maybe switzer lake... who knows. But regardless, we will be doing an overnighter, bring your own food and beverages... good company and chit chat provided, hahaha!

If anybody is interested in the campout, please reply and let me know, so as the group gets bigger, changes our final camp destination spot. Looking forward to 2021 and the adventures to come!
Sounds good , I’m up for other spots too besides flagpole .

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

F a r t s
&
p o o p

I haven't done a group ride with internet strangers in a decade. Maybe I'll try it again. What's up for 2021?

In the meantime, going to edit the profile. So much has changed...

Nevermind, they made too many rules. I'm leaving the old shit.
What you talking about, Willis?

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

So, we will be holding the first meetup of 2021 @ Cupertino's Bagels. 3621 Cox Rd, Henrico, VA 23233. I personally will be in the parking lot at 0800 hours on January 16th, 2021. This will be a simple, overlanders meetup, with good breakfast food available. We will probably stay there for a few hours.

To further this event, if anyone is interested... we plan on rolling out from Cupertino's around 10am to head into Shenandoah area, maybe flagpole, maybe switzer lake... who knows. But regardless, we will be doing an overnighter, bring your own food and beverages... good company and chit chat provided, hahaha!

If anybody is interested in the campout, please reply and let me know, so as the group gets bigger, changes our final camp destination spot. Looking forward to 2021 and the adventures to come!
Sounds like a good time. I‘ll try and stop by if I can remember to do so. As for camping... I cannot. Working permanent sundays, sucks.

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
I’m good to go to be there , also have a non member who wants to go . His rig is more than capable .

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

Anybody that has anything to do with overlanding/camping/off roading is welcome! Looking forward to this!

Last edited:

Levine98

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Levine
Member #

Hi,

Just purchased a membership and thought I'd introduce myself.

Live in RVA, retired and slowly weening myself from motorcycles having just purchased a 4Runner OffRoad that I'm outfitting for a TAT run starting mid-June 2021.

Always looking for new folks to do 2-3 day excursions with out in the GWNF or other close-by areas (WV or NC).

I also belong/follow the Central Virginia Overlanding group--assume there is some overlap of membership but always looking for new ways to connect.

Have a great NYE and hopefully see ya on the road

Levine98

Reactions: Hafaday

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

Hey Levine98, welcome! It’s a great group of peeps on here. Lots of great people with lots of great info. Me and my friend do GWNF trips almost every month, so you’re more than welcome to join us! I always post trips on here, so keep a look out for those.

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

Hey peeps, the Rallypoint has been created. Please, please rsvp if you're planning on coming to the camping trip. I need to know headcount, because that will determine where we stay overnight. Some areas I have in mind only have a few spots that can handle but so many people.

Also, just a note... if you do plan on coming, we are trying to keep this trip kid-free. If you plan on bringing kids, we do not object to it, but we ask that you be considerate to others.

Thanks y'all and see you at the meetup!

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

So... I was going to ask that next. Depending on how many people showed. But if it happens to be a relatively smaller group, we could do some kind of group dinner. I was thinking maybe like grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and some veggie? I have a pop up fire pit grill setup that cooks easily for multiple people. I could do the meat and others can take care of the sides? Any thoughts Boucher?

I will be my h2 and one jeep. Any planned / themed dinner .

Reactions: DevilDodge