Launch Member

Contributor III

Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Vincent
Last Name
Maxfield
Member #

It'd be awesome if you could tag along one more time before you depart.
We're still restricted to the city, as of now so it looks like i wont be able to make it to this one. I am here until June 30th now, so hopefully by then they'll let us get out more.

overlandranger23

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Hopper
Member #

New member here, just south of Richmond area. Would be down for meeting up and always willing to get the runaway camper away from the house for a little while. 2017 Nissan Rogue awd on Toyo at3 so not much for trails but also have a lifted Tahoe that I’m slowly building up

Reactions: Brock Samson

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

New member here, just south of Richmond area. Would be down for meeting up and always willing to get the runaway camper away from the house for a little while. 2017 Nissan Rogue awd on Toyo at3 so not much for trails but also have a lifted Tahoe that I’m slowly building up
Welcome to the group! So once this is all over, we will continue our monthly meetups.

Reactions: overlandranger23

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

So once we're able to get meetups rolling again, we will be having our meetup in Richmond this time around. Not sure where yet, but we will get those details squared away whe we get to a better place.

MysticGringo

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hampton, VA, USA
First Name
Russ
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Im in Richmond area and use to live just outside Harrisonburg , does it still have stock 6?
No, it has the Mercedes OM617 swap in it. She’s not fast, might shake you out of the door, but she’s fun. She’s probably not as “rock crawler” as your rig, but I’m driving her daily, and gearing up to explore.
Your 40 is pretty cool! It takes a lot to get them where you have yours! It’s a labor of love.

I’d post photos but right now all the photos are on back of tow trucks, on lifts in the shop, or in autozone parking lots.

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
No, it has the Mercedes OM617 swap in it. She’s not fast, might shake you out of the door, but she’s fun. She’s probably not as “rock crawler” as your rig, but I’m driving her daily, and gearing up to explore.
Your 40 is pretty cool! It takes a lot to get them where you have yours! It’s a labor of love.

I’d post photos but right now all the photos are on back of tow trucks, on lifts in the shop, or in autozone parking lots.
Mine I got back in 1984 "with my paper route money", it has a fuel-injected 350 in it and its a daily driver and many many hours of labor, I can cruise at 70 on the highway or slow on the trails, it was built for exploring

Reactions: MysticGringo

MysticGringo

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hampton, VA, USA
First Name
Russ
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Mine I got back in 1984 "with my paper route money", it has a fuel-injected 350 in it and its a daily driver and many many hours of labor, I can cruise at 70 on the highway or slow on the trails, it was built for exploring
That’s pretty awesome! I’m looking forward to the meetup so I can check it out!

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

Definitely interested in RVA meets...will be driving down from FXBG...maybe I can convince others to caravan.

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

Do you have the Venturist? I think my wife is over the RTT so I've been looking at the Venturist for a little while now. Haven't had a chance to make it back down to FL to check out their shop but if there's someone local willing to show me theirs...

T4X Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Glen Allen, VA, USA
First Name
Herb
Last Name
Coulter
Member #

If we're just looking for a parking lot to hang out in we could do it at the shop on a Saturday or Sunday. We have room for a couple dozen rigs as long as we don't block the pick up parking for the pizza shop on the corner. We're at 2512 Gayton Centre Dr, Henrico 23238. Just south of Short Pump.