Igor91

Rank 0

Traveler I

Lewisburg, WV, USA
First Name
Wes
Last Name
Graham
I am interested for sure. I live in WV. I work as a resort cook so weekends might be tricky for me. Following cause I’m hoping to attend some meets.

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

I am interested for sure. I live in WV. I work as a resort cook so weekends might be tricky for me. Following cause I’m hoping to attend some meets.
Hey there, well, if you're free on sunday and monday we are doing a little one nighter camp trip/meetup so feel free to join.

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

Ok...so.... official plans.

So, we are going to crabtree falls area. We plan to all meet up at the crabtree falls hiking trail parking lot. We have about 5 people total, maybe 6, so it's the easiest place to meet up and then roll into camp together. We plan to be at the parking lot around 3-3:30ish

As far as meals go, we are going to do steaks, potatoes and veggies Sunday night, then Monday morning breakfast and lunch is BYO. If anyone is planning on staying Monday night as well, please bring your own food for those meals as well. Also, alcohol is BYO. I will however have a nice full bottle of spiced rum with me, so feel free to a few glasses. If everyone could have $10 to donate for the steak dinner night meal, that'd be great!

Please hit me up on here if you have any questions or concerns before Sunday.

Thanks guys and see y'all there!

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

Hey y'all, thanks again to everyone who came out for our little overnight trip. It was a quickie trip, but I have to say it was a relaxing and enjoyable one. Hope everyone had a good time and lookin' forward to next time!

***Don't forget about our monthly meetup. That is next weekend. We will be meeting here in Richmond for this meet. I'm thinking of meeting up @ Cupertinos Bagel Shop, say around 9am. There is plenty of parking, the food is amazing and they have great coffee!

So next Sunday, make sure you're free and let's make this an awesome gathering!

*Sunday, March 1st - 9:00 AM - Cupertinos Bagels - 3621 Cox Rd, Henrico, VA 23233

Reactions: jakeandhisdodge

Zombie

Local Expert Virginia, USA
Investor

Advocate III

Richmond, VA USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZTU
@4LO_Panda Thanks for organizing the trip and cooking dinner Sat night!

It was great to meet everyone. Looking forward to the next trip.

See you at the meetup.

Reactions: foamy_squirrel

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Hey y'all, thanks again to everyone who came out for our little overnight trip. It was a quickie trip, but I have to say it was a relaxing and enjoyable one. Hope everyone had a good time and lookin' forward to next time!

***Don't forget about our monthly meetup. That is next weekend. We will be meeting here in Richmond for this meet. I'm thinking of meeting up @ Cupertinos Bagel Shop, say around 9am. There is plenty of parking, the food is amazing and they have great coffee!

So next Sunday, make sure you're free and let's make this an awesome gathering!

*Sunday, March 1st - 9:00 AM - Cupertinos Bagels - 3621 Cox Rd, Henrico, VA 23233
Go set up a Rally Point for your meet-up! It'll show up in the Meet-Ups forum and be a lot easier to find.

Reactions: foamy_squirrel

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

So this meetup was a bust... I didnt hear from but a few people, so I just cancelled the event. Thought more people were interested in this meetup.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
So this meetup was a bust... I didnt hear from but a few people, so I just cancelled the event. Thought more people were interested in this meetup.
Been doing them around Roanoke for a while. Ate more than one BBQ sandwich by myself because no one showed. It's just part of the game I think.

Hopefully you'll have better turnout next time.

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

Sorry man, i went to a little meetup in Fredericksburg since it was an hour away instead of 2 hours to this one
You went where!?

Maybe we can organize a cruise from the Fredericksburg area down to Richmond one weekend...

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

Good morning everyone, happy Sunday!

So... next meet will be the same as this last one. Meeting @ Cupertinos, 10am, everyone is welcome!

We will be having this meetup on April 4th, Saturday. This way there will be plenty of time to make time for plans. I hope everyone can join us and we look forward to meeting up!

Reactions: TerryD

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

Good morning everyone, so obviously due to the Covid-19 issue, we will NOT be having the monthly meetup this month, possibly not next month either.

But I did want to let everyone know, if they are interested... we WILL be doing a camping trip May 15th - 18th, either in West VA area or nearby... I'll get final details together shortly, but we are going to try and get something going. We all need an escape from this mess.

Reactions: CasT4R0369

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
Good morning everyone, so obviously due to the Covid-19 issue, we will NOT be having the monthly meetup this month, possibly not next month either.

But I did want to let everyone know, if they are interested... we WILL be doing a camping trip May 15th - 18th, either in West VA area or nearby... I'll get final details together shortly, but we are going to try and get something going. We all need an escape from this mess.
Any ideas for West Va? , I did Seneca rock and some caves back in feb