Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Napa ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hackett
Member #

I am making plans to head up there Friday afternoon. This will be my first activity with Overland Bound. I managed to get the maps indicated in the email from Paige, but near as I can tell, the coordinates for the Fouts Maintenance Yard is way out in Maxwell. The Stony Ford Work Center makes more logical sense. I have an email out to Paige for confirmation on that matter. It looks like the Overland Bound group is camping at the Davis Flats Camp area. If the maps I downloaded work as advertised I shouldn't have any trouble finding it. At this point I plan to head to the Stonyford Work Center first, and if it is closed then head to the Davis Flats Camp area and see if I can link up with other Overland Bound members. I am hoping to get there before dark, but since I have never been in the area before, I really can't say.
Thank you Kent. I am glad someone else noticed those coordinates. I have to work Friday morning, so will be leaving Sonoma around noon-thirty. Do you know an approximate drive time? From Sonoma it looks like getting over to I-80 and then up I-505 to I-5 will be the fastest despite Friday afternoon traffic.
we're going to be heading out of Napa around 2:30-3:00 if you wanted to caravan over

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you for the input. I looks like with that route the last fuel spot will be in Clearlake. I didn't see any sign of gas stations in Lodoga or Stonyford.
Now thats a good point! I just hate going 80 to 580 anytime on a Friday. you could go into Williams then up to Maxwell and still save time. Even when we took fire engines north for fires from Sonoma County we would always go through clearlake.

Just my opinion, Safe Travels. And thank you for helping to get our trails re opened.

NorCalJoe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern California, CA, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Kemp
Member #

Thank you for the input. I looks like with that route the last fuel spot will be in Clearlake. I didn't see any sign of gas stations in Lodoga or Stonyford.
There is gas in Stonyford at the small market but expect to pay a dollar or 2 more than the average price. Even Maxwell will be almost a dollar more expensive. Williams would be the best place to top off.

Clayton Ball

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Clayton
Last Name
Ball
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EMO
Unfortunately I work Sunday-Thursday. Would love if their was something Thursday-Saturday.
This is a week long work party. Several people, such as myself, are only going up for a few days. Depending on your location and arrangements, you could go up Thursday after work, or Friday morning.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I just got back from Day one, here are the details for this weeks post fire work on the Mendo.

Reporting time 0900 hrs.
Reporting location is Fouts work center. 39.35534 -122.65656 (do not go to Stonyford work station)
Camping is at Davis Flat Campground. 39.36047 -122.65466
Bring PPE as described on the Rally Point. Also bring a long sleeve t-shirt just in case you are using power tools.
All tools needed are provided by the forest service.
All trails are graded gravel and dirt.

There will be another work weekend in late September, I am working on the details with our contact at the forest to get this scheduled. The location will be far enough away from the work center that we will set up a camp for the weekend at the site.

Reactions: CTO1Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Michael will be at the cleanup Friday and Saturday camping at the Davis Flat Campground. Keep an eye open for the OB vehicle at Base Camp.
1565829476258.png

Clayton Ball

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Clayton
Last Name
Ball
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign