Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Usal Beach is a fairly remote location just north of Fort Bragg, CA. We will be gathering to camp on the beach, and raise awareness for the Team Hunt Mission. Join us for overland training, great company, and a great location! Team Hunt will join us as they travel up the West Coast to raise awareness for their charity and mission to help families and children challenged by mitochondrial disease, or "Mido".

View Rally Point

DieselAPS

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Redwood City, CA, USA
First Name
Andreas
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

Hi Michael -- This will be our first official Overland Bound event attendance, and we're looking forward to it. Spent last weekend in 100 degree temps in the Delta, so this might be a nice climate change. -- Andreas

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi Michael -- This will be our first official Overland Bound event attendance, and we're looking forward to it. Spent last weekend in 100 degree temps in the Delta, so this might be a nice climate change. -- Andreas
Yes! Hopefully it will be a bit cooler along the coast! Looking forward to meeting you! Let us know if you have any questions!

Reactions: 4xFar Adventures

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Please note, there is a $15.00 overnight camp fee for Usal Beach (Friday). We will pay the Usal fee at the Sinkyone Ranger Station Saturday afternoon. The one at the beach gets vandalized too often. It's $8.00 to camp overnight (Saturday) at Nadelos or Wailaki. There are too many rigs to stay in the cabin at the Ranger Station. Bring cash.

Also, there are no current fire restrictions that I can find. But, if you plan to have a camp fire, or use a gas powered stove, make sure you bring your CA campfire permit. If you don't have one, get it online here.

http://www.preventwildfireca.org/Campfire-Permit/

DuncNasty08

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Visalia, CA
Member #

anybody from the east bay area (concord, walnut creek, or surrounding area) going? would love to meetup and mini convoy there. me and my girl are both off friday so we can leave at any time :)

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

anybody from the east bay area (concord, walnut creek, or surrounding area) going? would love to meetup and mini convoy there. me and my girl are both off friday so we can leave at any time :)
Hey @DuncNasty08. I'm in SF, and will be leaving at 9am. We can meet in San Rafael if you want. I'm going to top at the Safeway in Novato for last minute food and gas.

5720 Nave Dr, Novato, CA 94949

Reactions: DuncNasty08

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Hey all, our departure time won't be until about 3:00, so we'll be the evening crowd. Save us a spot! @Corrie
Sounds good. I'm going to have Mike pick the camp site. It will probably be in the trees so there's more shade for Hunt. There will be at least 4 trucks there in the afternoon so just look for the big group.

DuncNasty08

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Visalia, CA
Member #

Trying to figure out meals... my girl LOVES to cook and goes pretty crazy on meals when camping lol. Definitely wish I had a skottle for her for this trip. Maybe the next one. She loves the idea of it lol. See everybody friday!

Jasalvas

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Petaluma, CA
Member #

Nice!! My wife and I will be in the Fort Bragg area visiting family but we have a 2 month old so we will be missing this trip out to Usal.
This is a trip I have been dying to do but now is just not the time. With the inland temps being high, you can almost guarantee cool weather on the coast.

I'll be keeping an eye out for club patches and stickers while in I'm Fort Bragg!
When you guys are passing through FB, there is an ice cream shop in downtown called Cowlicks Icecream, great homemade ice cream shop! Make sure to stop by and grab some for the drive up to Usal!
Have a great trip everyone, hope to see you on the road!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited:

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Trying to figure out meals... my girl LOVES to cook and goes pretty crazy on meals when camping lol. Definitely wish I had a skottle for her for this trip. Maybe the next one. She loves the idea of it lol. See everybody friday!
My Skottle is already packed, and you're more than welcome to use it too!

Reactions: DuncNasty08

riffman12

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Walnut Creek, CA
Member #

I don't think I can head up on Friday, but planning to leave early Saturday and catch you guys before you leave Usal - then camp with everyone Saturday night. Will that work as long as I'm there before noon?

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

I don't think I can head up on Friday, but planning to leave early Saturday and catch you guys before you leave Usal - then camp with everyone Saturday night. Will that work as long as I'm there before noon?
Yes that should work out just fine.

DuncNasty08

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Visalia, CA
Member #

Anybody happen to have like 2 extra poles i could use to setup my make shift awning? The ones i ordered wont be in until saturday. I'm just going to use my poncho from the army and run it off the top of the Tacoma, the have the 2 poles to hold the other end up. Then again is it needed where we are going? Never been.