Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Hey Everyone!

Some of the members have been wondering about getting a UK Regional Patch much like the other Official Regions in USA and Australia

@Defender 90 Keith and Myself had started a small conversation on of the other threads earlier in the year but had mentioned it again today,

If you want to put forward ideas for the region patch, we can all collaboratively come up with a design that the majority are happy with and go from there with OB HQ

Reactions: T-88 and Luis Merlo

F4T XJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

London, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Savage
Member #

Great idea, my thoughts would be either

1. Lush green rolling hills, river and an area of woodland. That must cover the vast majority of the UK.

2. The coast we are after all a small island and you are never more than 70 miles from the sea.

Reactions: Kevigizmo

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Here were some of the ideas I did back in April - this was before finding that the UK would be one region not smaller ones down to country (England, Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland)
Overland-Bound-Northern-Ireland-Region.jpg Overland-Bound-England-Region.jpg Overland-Bound-Scotland-Region.jpg
But get the drift ;) lol

EDIT
Remember at present UK would only have 1 patch as a entire region for now (post further down with details why)

Last edited:

Scotty lock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lockerbie, scotland
Member #

I like the idea of the badges...think it should be England,Scotland,Wales and both parts of Ireland...north and south....Scotland badge would look better as mountains and lochs maybe a deer....wales with mountains with a steam train , coal mines, daffodils..dragon...maybe...England ..Big Ben,houses of parliament...a lion.. St. George’s Cross....Ireland ...shamrock and hills and lepricorn....

Just something that you think of that makes you think of that area...just a thought...but good ideas so far

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

I was scrolling through the orginal "discussion" which Keith and I (along with Roger and Tim) from earlier in the year

Keiths idea is a nice one
I was going to suggest something with an outline of the UK, then saw Keith's ........... gets my vote.

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Just need to keep the ideas coming in and see what the best ideas are
The more ideas the better as then OB HQ can take on board everything which has been commented to help bring out some concepts based on all feedback
It would only be a single patch (as I recall Michael said this in a previous conversation comment)

Sent from my VKY-L09 using OB Talk mobile app

Bjorn

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Somerset. United Kingdom
First Name
Bjorn
Last Name
Whistance
Member #

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

How about programming a deadline for ideas then they can be submitted to OBHQ for approval. Obviously we could recommend our highest voted option rather than OBHQ deciding on our behalf.

Any thoughts UK members????

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Maybe just a plain outline of the UK, filled with the Union flag. Although if we're including ROI, that won't work .... hmmmm.

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Perhaps leave it open for say 14 days to give plenty of time for anyone and everyone to have some input as some members are currently out on adventure overseas and may not spot this just yet (thread has been posted on FB UK group page too)

Perhaps by midnight on sunday 19th Nov ready for some feedback during the 20th and submit say by 22nd?
By then suggestions are in, 3 days to reflect and some "OB Internal Discussion" then see what comes from it?

Reactions: nickburt

Bjorn

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Somerset. United Kingdom
First Name
Bjorn
Last Name
Whistance
Member #

I have an idea but don’t possess the skills on photoshop (I tried and nearly my iMac out the window with frustration). Some generic green Mountain countryside with entwined around the outside edge a thistle, a red rose, a daffodil and a shamrock. Just think it would be nice to have some mountains that’s all:)

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Scotty lock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lockerbie, scotland
Member #

Think if only one badge is open then a picture of uk surrounded by water...this includes every country then...maybe little token image on each country on map...to highlight what it represents in peoples mind when they think of it...maybe too much stuff on it for that...don’t know

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

I have an idea but don’t possess the skills on photoshop (I tried and nearly my iMac out the window with frustration). Some generic green Mountain countryside with entwined around the outside edge a thistle, a red rose, a daffodil and a shamrock. Just think it would be nice to have some mountains that’s all:)

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
A flower of each region sounds interesting,
Yeah photoshop can have that effect..
Perhaps try sketching it? Many an idea for logos I've done for other things started on a scrap bit of paper lol

Status
Not open for further replies.