Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey guys, there is a setting that sometimes gets accidentally clicked. It basically turns the functionality on or off. I'll post the exact location in a sec.

Last edited:
Reactions: Overland-Indiana

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Ok, in the upper right of the main page, you will see your forum name which is the drop down admin menu for your account. In the menu, select "preferences". You will see two options toward the bottom regarding badges. Something like "auto-display last" and "auto-rotate". Uncheck both those boxes. Lmk if that works!

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

@administrator Nope. I now have the button, but it doesn't let me change anything. I can't remove my existing badge, nor change to a different one. Mine happens to show my highest earned badge anyway, so no big deal. These haven't changed in a few months, so it doesn't make a difference to me what's showing. Waaaaay too many new active members now for you to begin to keep up on these, so I understand why there haven't been new badges awarded.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

@Steve, did you see the option check boxes I was referring to? Curious.
Yep, I uncheck them and now have the button to change the featured badge. ( I edited my above post to clarify that.) But when I poke it, it goes to the window to change it, but doesn't do anything. I try to remove the featured badge and it doesn't. I try to feature a different badge, but it doesn't.

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
I found the first one checked and the second unchecked. I checked the second and it seems to work. As a test, I unchecked both of them and it changed to the Contributer III. It then behaved as Steve described. I rechecked both and it changed back to Member II, which is what I had selected. :sunglasses:

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I just juggled with the settings and I can still change my badges like always. What browser are you guys using? I used google chrome. I am curious if there is a pop-up blocker or compatibility issue

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

More fiddling:
Both checked - no Change Featured Badge button.
Both unchecked - I have the Change Featured Badge button, but can't make any changes.
Top checked, bottom unchecked - no Change Featured Badge button
Top unchecked, bottom checked - I have the Change Featured Badge button, but can't make any changes.

Remove Featured Badge does nothing when available.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I've just updated the plugin. I'm not sure this will help, but I did see that there was a "user profile bug" that was addressed in the new release. You will need to refresh your browser for the new version to take affect. LMK!

Reactions: Overland-Indiana