Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
It is an amazing place to work. Snow all the way to the horizon 360 degrees.
I was in the AF for 26 years and tried to do the ice run many times. I was in NZ waiting to go but the weather was bad so we were never able to launch.
I think you deserve a CHEVRON for the south pole, If you keep bugging Michael and Corrie (and Amanda) they will make it happen !!!!!
Post pic's......

Reactions: TNjohn and BobG

TNjohn

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Kingston, TN, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Caudle
Member #

I was in the AF for 26 years and tried to do the ice run many times. I was in NZ waiting to go but the weather was bad so we were never able to launch.
I think you deserve a CHEVRON for the south pole, If you keep bugging Michael and Corrie (and Amanda) they will make it happen !!!!!
Post pic's......
That sucks that you weren't able to make it down from NZ. So close to making it too.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
There have been quite a few trophies added to the Adventure track! You can see the descriptions here: Overland Bound Adventurer
Trophies that have "ignore me for now" have not been defined. Next, I will be populating more of the Trail Guardian Track.

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

There have been quite a few trophies added to the Adventure track! You can see the descriptions here: Overland Bound Adventurer
Trophies that have "ignore me for now" have not been defined. Next, I will be populating more of the Trail Guardian Track.
[/QUHow do we
how do you add campsites to the map?....

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Reactions: Overland Omnivore

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I've added trophies to the Trail Guardian track, which is focused on proper land use and trail maintenance as a proactive community! You can see the requirements here: Overland Bound Guardian

M
This is great, and something I have been pondering over for about a week now as I’m trying to help get more traction in my community

Reactions: Michael

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

This is great, and something I have been pondering over for about a week now as I’m trying to help get more traction in my community
I've got a bunch more to add in the coming days....I'll peep out the Guardian track too...I'm wanting to blow up the midwest scene with lots of activities...I'm hoping to do a land management component in June at redbird OHV which is run by the state. Hi Lift is only a few miles from Redbird, so I'm hoping to get them involved too...they already do a lot of work with the local offroad community, so I'm hoping we can pair with them to highlight overlanding more...Here is a pic from a recent event I put together which included a stop at Hi Lift....

Attachments

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
did the ham call sign trophy get done away with? I know it had a validation button, lol now that I had the confirmation from the FCC I can't find It any more.

Bilbo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MBN
did the ham call sign trophy get done away with? I know it had a validation button, lol now that I had the confirmation from the FCC I can't find It any more.
I added my call sign to my profile on Monday and got the trophy automatically within probably 30 mins.

It is the Road Ranger I, which it looks like you have now. Overland Bound Challenger

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

In my humble opinion I think the HAM radio trophy should be at a higher level...The reason is that many places in the US still use CB as the main trail com system. I know in the Midwest/ Southeast we do...The groups I typically run with no one uses HAM because it is a lot of hassle to go to get all the classes and stuff, where as a CB is plug and play. If no one in a region is really using HAM it should be more of a prestigious to be a HAM operator....if no one in a group is using it other than one person what is the point....

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

I don't see the need/benefit from ranks and trophies, are there any? 19 pages in the thread too many to read and the search engine came up MT. Any way to opt out?

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I don't see the need/benefit from ranks and trophies, are there any? 19 pages in the thread too many to read and the search engine came up MT. Any way to opt out?
At the top of each page should be the option "unwatch" That should stop you getting messages each time someone posts on that particular thread. I hope thats what you were referring to

Reactions: mmnorthdirections

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

At the top of each page should be the option "unwatch" That should stop you getting messages each time someone posts on that particular thread. I hope thats what you were referring to
Naw, I'm thinking more of all that stuff below ones avatar. I've learned to go to the watched page after posting to turn off the email notification.

Status
Not open for further replies.