Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Cool. Mike when are you going. I might come for a beer?

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
***UPDATE***

Ok everybody. We will be meeting at Bombing Range Brewery @ 11am - 1pm.

Please review the Meetup details in the Rally Point section.

Please Park along the Yellow area so that we don't jam up the main parking area as it is somewhat limited.
Capture.PNG

Joejoe223

Rank 0

Contributor I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Nic
Last Name
Merenz
I’m down to stop in. What day is this planned for?? I never saw a date anywhere. Probably just missed it. I do that often. Haha. But could someone let me know?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I’m down to stop in. What day is this planned for?? I never saw a date anywhere. Probably just missed it. I do that often. Haha. But could someone let me know?
Very first post has the Rally Point button. When clicked it takes you to the RP with all the information about said RP. Mike also made note of checking the RP for more details in post #22.

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Awesome, really glad you will be able to make itt this Saturday from 11am till about 1pm. Find the link in the first post and RSVP as attending if you haven't already. This will hopefully motivate others to attend as well

Reactions: M Rose

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
see you in about an hour

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Wanted to let everyone know, I subscribed to trails offroad (Trails Offroad: Explore the Best 4x4, ATV, Overland, Jeep, and Truck Offroad Trails in Your Area | Trails Offroad). if you use the cupon code NWJEEPCAST you can get a year for free. You will have to remember to cancel before the next year or they will bill you.

Sign up for free, and click "go all-access" and they ask for the coupon code. you can verify it works before purchase.

In a separate note, the northwest jeep cast is good info for trails. They live in Seattle. It is a pod cast that I found on my iphone podcast app. They have a web site = Northwest Jeepcast

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Today was a great time.

I am very excited for the future of Tri-Cities. Today there was a great turnout. We had locals, some distant ones that have a wealth of long term overland living experience, and some new members that are ready to get involved.

It was great to see not only individuals, but families. I was happy that the youth were willing to express that they would like for there to opportunities for them to get out of the rig and do some hiking and climbing. I get it, those are the things that I wanted to do as a youth as well.

We agreed that Trail Cleanup was a must! We shared stories of personal experiences where vandalism and littering closed off areas.

We will be planning a Trail Run/Campout the second half of May. This I am looking forward to.

The February Meetup location was also discussed. We liked the idea of a potluck style cookout at a cool spot. So the question is where is the cool spot? Some ideas were mentioned, and commitments were made to provide waypoints of potential spots.

I want to thank all of you, @suffolklou , @MrWilsonWJ , @jarsfamily , @garrett.goodwin4320 , & @Joejoe223 for taking the time from their weekend to make the trip.

I am already looking forward to the next one, See you all in the Club House!

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Today was a great time.

I am very excited for the future of Tri-Cities. Today there was a great turnout. We had locals, some distant ones that have a wealth of long term overland living experience, and some new members that are ready to get involved.

It was great to see not only individuals, but families. I was happy that the youth were willing to express that they would like for there to opportunities for them to get out of the rig and do some hiking and climbing. I get it, those are the things that I wanted to do as a youth as well.

We agreed that Trail Cleanup was a must! We shared stories of personal experiences where vandalism and littering closed off areas.

We will be planning a Trail Run/Campout the second half of May. This I am looking forward to.

The February Meetup location was also discussed. We liked the idea of a potluck style cookout at a cool spot. So the question is where is the cool spot? Some ideas were mentioned, and commitments were made to provide waypoints of potential spots.

I want to thank all of you, @suffolklou , @MrWilsonWJ , @jarsfamily , @garrett.goodwin4320 , & @Joejoe223 for taking the time from their weekend to make the trip.

I am already looking forward to the next one, See you all in the Club House!
Thanks Mike for setting all of this up. It looks like you guys had a great time. How many families did you have show up?

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Good Morning Everybody.

Well, we are into a new month, so I thought it would be a good idea to start looking towards this months Meetup.
I know there was interest in having a potluck style cookout somewhere outdoors, weather permitting. I think this is a great idea, and with the current weather we could almost have a pool party.

So, Where? Lets keep in mind that we have some coming from Yakima. So if it were in their direction that would be cool.
The Plan B should also be discussed. Bombing Range is available.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Good Morning Everybody.

Well, we are into a new month, so I thought it would be a good idea to start looking towards this months Meetup.
I know there was interest in having a potluck style cookout somewhere outdoors, weather permitting. I think this is a great idea, and with the current weather we could almost have a pool party.

So, Where? Lets keep in mind that we have some coming from Yakima. So if it were in their direction that would be cool.
The Plan B should also be discussed. Bombing Range is available.
I checked out the Horn Rapids cg you suggested and the day use area looks like it wouldn't be a bad place. I was checking around for other places between here and Yakima but haven't seen much yet. I'll keep looking around, but does anyone else have any suggestions? Or a limit to how far they want to travel, maybe an activity they would like to do on top of lunch/potluck?

jarsfamily

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Yakima, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Hanson
Member #

I checked out the Horn Rapids cg you suggested and the day use area looks like it wouldn't be a bad place. I was checking around for other places between here and Yakima but haven't seen much yet. I'll keep looking around, but does anyone else have any suggestions? Or a limit to how far they want to travel, maybe an activity they would like to do on top of lunch/potluck?
We are down for most things and definitely not afraid of a little driving ! Especially if we can make a day trip out of it.