Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Think outside your own box. Why should I change my mind about something I believe in any more than you. I'm not looking for your favor, I can live nicely without people who think like you. I don't believe in compromising my beliefs. I've seen as many atheist who own firearms as I have Christians, possibly more. So don't bring religion into the factor. You should be disappointed, I'll give you that, can you honestly believe there are that many people with your view on this subject ? You can dig your own grave, don't be trying to dig mine. If our friendship is dependent on my believing as you do we will never be friends.

You have the constitution, which shall not change, to thank for your ability to speak your piece. I have the constitution, which shall not change, to defend your constitutional right to speak.
I'm not trying to change your mind, just change how you debate so maybe you can change other people's minds more easily. In order to actually progress we need to change how we debate because people my age don't think the way you do. If you don't want to listen that's your right and I do respect that.

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Yeah it was directed at you though I didn't quote your previous post. I appreciate that you can at least see I'm trying to encourage civil discourse. I can see we aren't really getting any where otherwise. Just know I'm not advocating removal of rights, just trying to get people to think outside of their comfort zone.
I see exactly what you are doing, what you don't understand is that your effort is fatally flawed from inception.

There will be no discussion of our Second Amendment rights beyond the fact that they are not to be infringed, and that is a very brief discussion.

None,
With anyone,
Ever.

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I see exactly what you are doing, what you don't understand is that your effort is fatally flawed from inception.

There will be no discussion of our Second Amendment rights beyond the fact that they are not to be infringed, and that is a very brief discussion.

None,
With anyone,
Ever.
But with questions things grow stronger. When the second amendment was unconstitutionally restricted in DC that lead to a serious debate that then lead to a black and white individual right. The fact that things were illegally restricted lead to a strengthening of our rights. Questions is how we as individuals grow stronger, I believe our rights are no different.

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Am I the only one that seems to understand Dilldog's points here?

We're all ranting and raving at each other, just like these stupid f*<king politicians (of both major parties).

I'm about as "liberal" as they come. I think the poor should be helped. But not by you or I. I think they should be helped by these gawdamned corporations that have more money than they'll ever need and their greedy CEO's that make more in one hour than I make all year.

Our 2A should be left alone. We don't need more gun control laws. There are plenty already. And it's not jut gun control laws, it's "laws", period. There are more laws and more laws added to the books because the other laws "don't work". Well too f*<king bad! Make 'em work! Just because current laws aren't being effectively enforced, or agencies aren't working together to make sure the laws are effective, doesn't mean we need more laws.

I think, as far as firearms go, restrictions need to be lifted. Why are "assault" rifles called that? Why aren't they called "defense" rifles? If our government (which I absolutely despise, and have for decades) can be armed with the things they're armed with, WE should have access to those same weapons in order to "defend" ourselves from them.

This whole political bullshit state of mind frustrates me.

The way I see it is Republicans & Democrats are like two opposing pro sports teams, and we the public are like the fans.

It doesn't matter who wins the game. The teams and players are the ones making obnoxious amounts of money, and laughing all the way to the bank, and we the fans are the ones cheering about giving it to them.

Politics is about money & control & board rooms & dividends & corporations. F*<k those guys.

I'll now put on my flame proof pants & let the haters hate.

Last edited:

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Am I the only one that seems to understand Dilldog's points here?

We're all ranting and raving at each other, just like these stupid f*<king politicians (of both major parties).

I'm about as "liberal" as they come. I think the poor should be helped. But not by you or I. I think they should be helped by these gawdamned corporations that have more money than they'll ever need and their greedy CEO's that make more in one hour than I make all year.

Our 2A should be left alone. We don't need more gun control laws. There are plenty already. And it's not jut gun control laws, it's "laws", period. There are more laws and more laws added to the books because the other laws "don't work". Well too f*<king bad! Make 'em work! Just because current laws aren't being effectively enforced, or agencies aren't working together to make sure the laws are effective, doesn't mean we need more laws.

I think, as far as firearms go, restrictions need to be lifted. Why are "assault" rifles called that? Why aren't they called "defense" rifles? If our government (which I absolutely despise, and have for decades) can be armed with the things they're armed with, WE should have access to those same weapons in order to "defend" ourselves from them.

This whole political bullshit state of mind frustrates me.

The way I see it is Republicans & Democrats are like two opposing pro sports teams, and we the public are like the fans.

It doesn't matter who wins the game. The teams and players are the ones making obnoxious amounts of money, and laughing all the way to the bank, and we the fans are the ones cheering about giving it to them.

Politics is about money & control & board rooms & dividends & corporations. F*<k those guys.

I'll now put on my flame proof pants & let the haters hate.
LOL, man if you could have skipped that third paragraph, I could have liked that post.

You may not be as liberal as you think you are and are spot on(historically) with the sports analogy.

For the record labeling people is a traditional way of maintaining division, and maintaining division is how they keep the eyes off of themselves.

Pick an emotional topic, race, guns, pot, homos, etc. draw attention to that topic to polarize the proles and continue fleecing the public.

Lots of people do not understand the degree to which Americans have been robbed by the globalists, those who do (like myself) are generally pretty quick to draw a line in the sand (guilty as charged), but understand that is a mechanism that results from understanding the wrongs that have been perpetrated on mankind and people are now suggesting that a last line of defense be compromised or surrendered.

Go read "The Creature from Jekyll Island", spend some time researching Operation Gladio. Then consider the happenings in today's global politics with that set of glasses on.

There is an effort to correct many of the wrongs we have suffered from, it's not coming from where you think it is.

CurrentlyRockhoundin

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Goguen
Member #

I think this thread has derailed some.

Back on topic some. We carry bear spray with us cause often our adventures means packing in to an area and often the area has grizzly bears. We've never had to use it.

Anyone here ever use bear spray on a bear or another aggressive animal?

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I keep bear spray with me as well, never needed it though. It is crazy how effective the statistics say it is, something like 94% of encounters where it's used people aren't even injured. Definitely a worth while tool and effective against people too.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness

Back on topic some. We carry bear spray with us cause often our adventures means packing in to an area and often the area has grizzly bears. We've never had to use it.

I had a campground black bear ''chuff'' at me. I sprayed her, kinda. It was Pam cooking spray and it didn't even get within ten feet of the bear.

Most black bears are harmless. I've had them wake me up in the bed of my truck, even unzip my ground tent to peek in. My imagination was far scarier than reality. My pistol gives me the confidence to allow them in my AO. Without it, they'd all get sprayed, and we wouldn't have any fun then.

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

We have bears in our yard weekly due to living on federally protected wetlands. And all these years, the only defense we've needed is being aware of surroundings (they climb trees here) and an air horn. They even run from my wife's 20# puppy.

There's been one occasion that a bear didn't turn tail using the horn, however that bear turned out to be sick and was eventually caught and put down.

For camping: 9mm on my hip and a 12 pump in the tent. Never had an issue outside of a cottonmouth and rattler once. So far, never any issue with other uninvited guests. Comforting to have hopefully never really necessary.IMG_20180423_115912.jpegIMG_20180721_210650.jpeg

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

As far as preventing camp theft: there's usually always someone there. Like I'll take the kid and dog out to wander but my buddy and wife are relaxing at camp, etc.

The few times we have all left for rafting or whatever, we'll put the most valuable items back in the vehicles and lock up. It really doesn't prevent anyone if they're determined but I guess that's just how it is.

Reactions: Broke

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
All my rights are God given Thank you. Mankind gave me nothing except a pain in the a$$.
Show me from God's words, not mans!

I agree that mankind has caused nothing but injury. this is recognized at Ecclesiastes 8:9

The direction this thread has gone reminds me of 2 Timothy 3,

I am now unfollowing this because is is not productive, hasn't been in several pages.

Reactions: Bama_Kiwi

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Show me from God's words, not mans!

I agree that mankind has caused nothing but injury. this is recognized at Ecclesiastes 8:9

The direction this thread has gone reminds me of 2 Timothy 3,

I am now unfollowing this because is is not productive, hasn't been in several pages.
Sir, Is technology the work of Satin or blessings from God ?
What are the words of man that I quoted ? I quoted no one !
Who are you to Judge the content of this thread ?

At least the people who have commented here have a belief and state it openly and proudly
whether you like the content or not. There is a justifiable discussion going on here that is an
important issue in our society today. Part of the reason it is not solved is because certain
people choose to stick their head in the ground rather than face the issue of the right to bear
arm's any why they feel they must. When the day comes that a child can ride the back of a lion
I will throw my firearms away.

Last edited:
Reactions: MidOH

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Except for those pesky 33 Amendments that exist specifically to change the Constitution.
They were all supposedly to enhanced the constitution, not change it. None made any effort to change the 1st or 2nd.
Just try to add or delete any of it today, it wont happen. Nothing is perfect but it's damn close.

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

I never thought of using an air horn to just scare a bear off.
Small air horns are popular up here now it seems. When I was on Northern Vancouver island last summer I carried one in my daypack (along with bear spray and a short shotgun) and I noticed most people I ran into had an air horn if nothing else. While big toothed and clawed animals seem to outnumber people on Northern Vancouver Island (bears ,wolves, more cougars than pretty much anywhere in the world), I saw only two bears in 2 weeks and only one was a close encounter. I was grabbing my pack out of the camper when one of my dogs went ballsitic inside the truck. I poked my headaround to catc hthe back end of bear departing from close to the side of the truck very quickly and heading up into the hills.

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

I never thought of using an air horn to just scare a bear off.
It's worked well for us with Florida black bears. We keep horns on the ATV, deck and the garage.

If we leave the garage door open it's guaranteed they get into the freezer and make a mess. One came into the kitchen one day from the garage door being left open, that was interesting. Had another one stick his head through the doggy door trying to get in...

So yeah, there's some experience with the system. Only a few times it didn't work so far, but one was sick and the other we believe was being fed.