Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I own guns and fire extinguishers both.

For the same reason.

Preparedness isn't propaganda, but while people you consider to be ill informed are not forcing you to carry a gun, people I consider to be ill informed are trying to take mine away.

Pretending that speaking the language of someone intending to kill you is in any way even pertinent is absurd, but it is your life so carry on.

This is what is happening on the Texas/Mexico border , speaking their language won't help (if you need help translating these articles into English let me know). You won't see this on the mainstream media because it is contrary to their desired narrative.

There is no shortage of evil people, of all races, ethnicity, and culture. Pretending otherwise is simply tempting fate.
Of course preparedness is not propaganda, the propaganda lies in the fear factor. If you want to be “ prepared “ that’s cool, do want you want, but fear and paranoia are what we all should be leery of. If you think the NRA isn’t propagandizing fear, then they have you, hook line and sinker.. somebody get the net.

Knowing enough to be polite in any language is an important first step. It will never be my first assumption that they, whoever they may be, (last century it was those lazy no good Irish, then the Italians, and we all know those Italians were all connected, don’t we?) are going to do me or my wife any harm. If that is anyone’s first assumption, then that’s simply a damned shame. You guys that want to carry, go for it, no one wants to take your personal defense weapon away from you nor does anyone want to take your hunting rifles away from you. If you believe that the powers that be want that, then once again, you’ve fallen for the propaganda of fear. Me? I really don’t give a damn, I just like being the devils advocate on occasion, after all, how strong could any opinion be if it’s never challenged?

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Of course preparedness is not propaganda, the propaganda lies in the fear factor. If you want to be “ prepared “ that’s cool, do want you want, but fear and paranoia are what we all should be leery of. If you think the NRA isn’t propagandizing fear, then they have you, hook line and sinker.. somebody get the net.

Knowing enough to be polite in any language is an important first step. It will never be my first assumption that they, whoever they may be, (last century it was those lazy no good Irish, then the Italians, and we all know those Italians were all connected, don’t we?) are going to do me or my wife any harm. If that is anyone’s first assumption, then that’s simply a damned shame. You guys that want to carry, go for it, no one wants to take your personal defense weapon away from you nor does anyone want to take your hunting rifles away from you. If you believe that the powers that be want that, then once again, you’ve fallen for the propaganda of fear. Me? I really don’t give a damn, I just like being the devils advocate on occasion, after all, how strong could any opinion be if it’s never challenged?
Pretty obvious that you are unaware of what is currently going on in Virginia.

You should educate yourself so as to not appear either a fool or a liar.

CurrentlyRockhoundin

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Goguen
Member #

You guys that want to carry, go for it, no one wants to take your personal defense weapon away from you nor does anyone want to take your hunting rifles away from you. If you believe that the powers that be want that, then once again, you’ve fallen for the propaganda of fear. Me? I really don’t give a damn, I just like being the devils advocate on occasion, after all, how strong could any opinion be if it’s never challenged?
You sir have no idea what you're talking about and the statement you just made is very clueless.

The democrats want to strip people of the right to own firearms but you don't have to take my word for it. Let's listen to what they have to say on the subject.

The powers that be want to remove all guns from private owner ship. They use coded language to device the public, flawed data, and common logical fallacies like there going out of style.

Right now in Virginia there is a war taking place on the second amendment and the dems are 100% gun grabbers.

Shall not be infringed. Nuf said.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
You sir have no idea what you're talking about and the statement you just made is very clueless.

The democrats want to strip people of the right to own firearms but you don't have to take my word for it. Let's listen to what they have to say on the subject.

The powers that be want to remove all guns from private owner ship. They use coded language to device the public, flawed data, and common logical fallacies like there going out of style.

Right now in Virginia there is a war taking place on the second amendment and the dems are 100% gun grabbers.

So sad you feel the way you do. I suggest you read the proposed new gun laws in Virginia instead of letting your favorite talking heads interpret them for you. Read what I wrote, not what you think I wrote. Listen to what these candidates are actually saying, not what someone else tells you they are saying. I’m not ill informed nor is my head in the sand, nor am I a liar.. “ personal defense weapons and hunting rifles are not even mentioned by any of these proposed laws nor by any of these candidates. I take offense to be called a liar sir, and I shall henceforth challenge you to a duel.

Reactions: League With A T

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

Your wrong about no one wanting to take our guns away. Almost every month GOA (gun owners of America) and other groups stop an effort to do just that in the courts that you never hear about unless you are a member who gets the news about what goes on behind the scenes of the anti - gun efforts. It is real and as long as it is I will belong to GOA and the NRA.

CurrentlyRockhoundin

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Goguen
Member #

So sad you feel the way you do. I suggest you read the proposed new gun laws in Virginia instead of letting your favorite talking heads interpret them for you. Read what I wrote, not what you think I wrote. Listen to what these candidates are actually saying, not what someone else tells you they are saying. I’m not ill informed nor is my head in the sand, nor am I a liar.. “ personal defense weapons and hunting rifles are not even mentioned by any of these proposed laws nor by any of these candidates. I take offense to be called a liar sir, and I shall henceforth challenge you to a duel.
Dems in power want to take guns away. They have said that with there own words.

Well best of luck to you. There's no point in having a conversation with you since you are ill informed and don't even want to see the facts.

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

LOL, just listen to the first 30 seconds of Beta O'Rourke.

He's a batshit crazy cuck that pisses his pants for an adoring crowd, but at least he's honest enough to say what he wants to do.

There is a straight up war shaping up in Virginia, it is happening because one party holds political sway in that State. If they don't back down or more accurately the COURTS don't back them down, it won't end well.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

Thanks for this. They are all freaks of nature as far as I am concerned. They will all settle for a little here and a little there until they get 100%, which IS the final goal of Marxism. This is the end for me, I will give not one more inch of my God given right to bear arms that are an equal to the enemy's ability to take them from me. If I have none, then I will take his and use it against him.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness

I'm not afraid of anything.

Might want to keep some of that to yourself if you overland in this direction. A fully loaded LX450 with unarmed occupants?
Lx goes in the woods?
Crazy people in those woods?
Unarmed in a shiny glowing target Lx in the woods?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Ben Franklin told us that when the spirit of compromise is lost, then the Republic will die. Im not saying we need to agree, far from, the biggest strength of anything is diversity. What we all need to stop is downplaying each other due to difference of opinion and playing into the unfortunate political culture of demagoguery that has become the norm.

I would also suggest everyone go out and grab a copy of the Federalist papers and read it. That collection of essays is by far the most insightful thing I have ever read when it comes to the founding of this country. They are quite literally an explanation of why by the few men who actually wrote the constitution. A lot of the sentiment expressed by the pro and anti gun groups is non congruent with the historical reality, or admittedly at least my opinion of it.

Finally, lets just be more respectful. What is being talked about here is important, what is more important is we have differing ideas and from that we can all learn.

CurrentlyRockhoundin

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Goguen
Member #

The facts in Virginia ! You be the judge.

Get out of here with your facts!

Don't you know that when having a conversation about firearms the most important thing is feelings, anecdotal claims, misinterpreted data, cherry picked statistics, and logical fallacies.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Ben Franklin told us that when the spirit of compromise is lost, then the Republic will die. Im not saying we need to agree, far from, the biggest strength of anything is diversity. What we all need to stop is downplaying each other due to difference of opinion and playing into the unfortunate political culture of demagoguery that has become the norm.

I would also suggest everyone go out and grab a copy of the Federalist papers and read it. That collection of essays is by far the most insightful thing I have ever read when it comes to the founding of this country. They are quite literally an explanation of why by the few men who actually wrote the constitution. A lot of the sentiment expressed by the pro and anti gun groups is non congruent with the historical reality, or admittedly at least my opinion of it.

Finally, lets just be more respectful. What is being talked about here is important, what is more important is we have differing ideas and from that we can all learn.
The left has lost the spirit of compromise for over a decade now. The republic is dying.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
The left has lost the spirit of compromise for over a decade now. The republic is dying.
That's not all the've lost John, they have lost all their marbles. Even as late as 1945 most people in government would have been shot for treason had they done what they do or try to do today.

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

I quit compromising when other people started stepping on my God given rights. The 2A doesn't extend my rights if affirms them.

I've been as respectful as you can possibly hope for while engaging with people who would relieve me of my rights for any reason, least of all their feelings.

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Meh I tried I guess. If you want to actually change things you have to actually change.
I really do understand what you guys are saying, Im just hoping to encourage you not to fall into the traps set for us. The more emotional we get, the less sense we make to those who dont understand us. Demagoguery is a very real and very persistent thing, we ALL need to remain conscious of it and not fall into the proverbial pit. A contradicting opinion is not a reason to degrade another person. We all have reasons for our views, I just wish that the spirit of debate was healthier than it is. And make no mistake, the less we as the voting public play into the political traps set by those radicals on both sides, the more the political culture will change. Politicians are a mirror of the populace, they are a result of us.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Meh I tried I guess. If you want to actually change things you have to actually change.
I really do understand what you guys are saying, Im just hoping to encourage you not to fall into the traps set for us. The more emotional we get, the less sense we make to those who don't understand us. Demagoguery is a very real and very persistent thing, we ALL need to remain conscious of it and not fall into the proverbial pit. A contradicting opinion is not a reason to degrade another person. We all have reasons for our views, I just wish that the spirit of debate was healthier than it is. And make no mistake, the less we as the voting public play into the political traps set by those radicals on both sides, the more the political culture will change. Politicians are a mirror of the populace, they are a result of us.
(Politicians are a mirror of the populace, they are a result of us.)
Not me there not ! I didnt have a dang thing to do with their warped views, either side. I think it's the other way around and I don't kiss anyones a$$ to make them happy.

Reactions: Viking1204

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I really do understand what you guys are saying, Im just hoping to encourage you not to fall into the traps set for us. The more emotional we get, the less sense we make to those who dont understand us. Demagoguery is a very real and very persistent thing, we ALL need to remain conscious of it and not fall into the proverbial pit. A contradicting opinion is not a reason to degrade another person. We all have reasons for our views, I just wish that the spirit of debate was healthier than it is. And make no mistake, the less we as the voting public play into the political traps set by those radicals on both sides, the more the political culture will change. Politicians are a mirror of the populace, they are a result of us.
(If you want to actually change things you have to actually change.)

There lies the problem. I don't want to change anything, I want the liberals to quit trying to change things they don't like that have been established a long time ago by wiser men than we have today. The constitution is a masterpiece of history written by men who had more foresight in their little finger than the whole of all the universities and their bone headed professors running them today put together. If that's derogatory, then so be it ! I don't degrade people, I degrade their intelligence.

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

My rights are non negotiable, and I will use them to protect yours even if I disagree with them. Change is not on the agenda.

But if you make any attempt to strip me of my rights you have adopted the mantle of my mortal enemy. You will never be safer than beside me as my friend, or more endangered than against me as my enemy.