El Solis

Rank V
Investor

Traveler II

Livermore, CA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6CQE
Yeah I wouldn't try to bridge with them but for the ability to fold them and tuck them away in the LR4 without the roof rack on they definitely have a niche. Worst case, if they break the traction part would still work.

Reactions: expeditionnorth

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I wouldn't worry too much about the hinge.. Yes, you cannot bridge with them but they so far seem to be built very well.

Reactions: expeditionnorth

TractionJack

Rank 0

Traveler I

looks interesting
however the hinge has me a tad worried
They're not recommended for bridging because the hinge buckles and doesn't allow it to stay completely flat over a rut but that doesn't mean you cannot use them to get up and over obstacles. The fact that they fold allows them to conform to objects/terrain and provides a solid surface of grip to drive over.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
They're not recommended for bridging because the hinge buckles and doesn't allow it to stay completely flat over a rut but that doesn't mean you cannot use them to get up and over obstacles. The fact that they fold allows them to conform to objects/terrain and provides a solid surface of grip to drive over.
I'm not on Instagram but I wish I were when you had the sale on them. I would have jumped all over that.

Reactions: TractionJack