Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Become a Member to gain access to the Member Forums, Member Map, Member Calendar of Events, and Rally Point overland trip planner! Click this link "Learn More" for more information!

Traction Jack

Discussion in 'Overland Recovery Gear' started by Overland-Indiana, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Overland-Indiana

Overland-Indiana Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador Staff Member Moderator Member

Member #:

Map
    View
    My Traction Jacks showed up today... Happy to be a part of the Traction Jack family! If you are looking for a set of recovery mats contact my friends over at @TractionJack for your set. Now I need to go get stuck and try them out!!

2. Gunnermoose

Gunnermoose Rank V Member

Member #:

Map
    View
    Never heard of those. Interested to see your comments after getting stuck, on purpose of course! They look pretty thin. What is the load rating? Time for some research.

Luis Merlo and Overland-Indiana like this.
  3. O.Dfj

O.Dfj Rank VI Member

Member #:

Map
    View
    Im curious as well let us know how well they work.

4. Steve

Steve Ambassador-at-Large and Admin Lite Staff Member Moderator Founder 500 Member

Member #:

Map
    View
  5. Overland-Indiana

Overland-Indiana Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador Staff Member Moderator Member

Member #:

Map
    View
  6. El Solis

El Solis Rank II Member

We picked up a pair as they fit nicely in the LR4. Haven't really used them but they are definitely thick. Nice to know they are there if I need them and Traction Jack has been a great supporter of the Northern CA Land Rover club!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  7. looks interesting
    however the hinge has me a tad worried

TractionJack and Luis Merlo like this.
  8. El Solis

El Solis Rank II Member

Yeah I wouldn't try to bridge with them but for the ability to fold them and tuck them away in the LR4 without the roof rack on they definitely have a niche. Worst case, if they break the traction part would still work.

expeditionnorth likes this.
  9. Overland-Indiana

Member #:

Map
    View
    I wouldn't worry too much about the hinge.. Yes, you cannot bridge with them but they so far seem to be built very well.

expeditionnorth likes this.
  10. TractionJack

TractionJack Rank 0

They're not recommended for bridging because the hinge buckles and doesn't allow it to stay completely flat over a rut but that doesn't mean you cannot use them to get up and over obstacles. The fact that they fold allows them to conform to objects/terrain and provides a solid surface of grip to drive over.

11. Wawa Skittletits

Wawa Skittletits Rank V Member

Member #:

Map
    View
    I'm not on Instagram but I wish I were when you had the sale on them. I would have jumped all over that.

TractionJack likes this.
  12. TractionJack

TractionJack Rank 0

I believe the code is still active. It was on a timer but if you try it might still work. BTW we are out of everything except O/Y.

Wawa Skittletits likes this.
  13. 4xFar Adventures

4xFar Adventures Rank VI Founder 500 Benefactor Member

Member #:

Jeff really stands behind his product, and takes care of his customers. My buddy Pedram has a set of TJ's and I'm itching for the chance to use them with my truck!

AlysonH and Wawa Skittletits like this.
  14. Overland-Indiana

Member #:

Map
    View
    Correct, @TractionJack (Jeff) really does a phenomenal job at taking care of his customers, I love my TJ's so far...I really need to get out some more this year so they get some more use.

tpetrone and 4xFar Adventures like this.