Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Post up your $25 or under rig mods here:

I bought these on a whim because I was tired of the mess the console would become on a trip. They are AWESOME. I used two small square pieces of velcro to mount them so I can yank them out for cleaning. They have saved many a cell phone and french fry from "the abyss". Great for maps, knives, wallets too.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Oh and one more:

When I use my cell phone for navigation it become a problem keeping it in view so I (skeptically) ordered this do-dad. After some minor modification, and learning the proper way to install the phone, it worked great! Who uses the CD player anymore anyhow? Oh, and if you do... it still works! My epic sing along of "Let It Go" has not been hampered in any way!

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Antenna X, 13" replacement antenna. Really like this antenna. For one, cosmetically, looks a lot better than the stock antenna. Second, the low profile doesn't snag on branches and other obstructions when on the trail. And, the reception is almost as good as the stock antenna. I originally tried the 5" stubby, but reception wasn't very good. So, I upgraded to this one. Glad I did.

Reactions: SLO Rob

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Antenna X, 13" replacement antenna. Really like this antenna. For one, cosmetically, looks a lot better than the stock antenna. Second, the low profile doesn't snag on branches and other obstructions when on the trail. And, the reception is almost as good as the stock antenna. I originally tried the 5" stubby, but reception wasn't very good. So, I upgraded to this one. Glad I did.
After my stock power antenna broke beyond repair, I replaced it with one of those. I only pick up 2 stations now. lol
I need to get all new antennas for am/fm stereo, and CB.
Anybody have a working power antenna from a FZJ80 they want to sell?

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

@grantwilson ive got some of the same lights to install in my hatch, I hooked them up to a power source for a few minutes and noticed they got pretty hot, have you had any issues?
I originally went with those types of LEDs as well and when testing them found they got very hot. Decided to go with LED strips instead. Need to look up the wattage of the ones I bought, that could definitely be a factor.

benmmc

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ball Ground, GA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
McCloskey
Member #

After my stock power antenna broke beyond repair, I replaced it with one of those. I only pick up 2 stations now. lol
I need to get all new antennas for am/fm stereo, and CB.
Anybody have a working power antenna from a FZJ80 they want to sell?
Ha, I had the same experience. I put a big ol' whip back on it and my stations are back. :grin: