Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
ah! Ok. And where does OB Forums fit in your pejorative? What’s the correlation?

I guess, if I were to opine, I’d say the most Canadian thing: inclusivity!
But hey, what do I know, right? I’m just a simple Canadian country girl that loves horses, muddy 4x4s, a good angus beef steak, and the open Alberta skies above a campfire shared with friends.
I dont know anything about these fancy words I can't even pronounce but I can agree with having harmony among our breed and sharing the experiences of fellow members and other like minded folks who love all the things you mentioned, with no exceptions.

Interesting. What is an ‘approved political orientation?’
??? Did I mention political orientation ? My answer would be To be alive, live where you vote, be legally qualified, and meet the voting deadlines. Simple !

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Wow! Hit a nerve, eh?
ha! not bad....took you several posts, but you finally hit it! :grinning:

less passive-aggressive and more cynicism and you can hit that nerve (the Kill Shot as i like to call it) in a single post.
needs a little work, but i like what i'm seeing!

Last edited:

BullNV

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Dayton, NV, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Roach
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Air Force
Just wondering some of yalls views on something. When you see someone post pics that obviously is showing miss use of land and trails, do you comment or keep quite? Everyone is trying to get that perfect or awesome shot for social media. I get taking pictures and recording your adventures but there are so many times that by doing this that it's going 100% against the whole "take care and preserve" the land. I use to see it in backpacking a lot. People have even died trying to get a selfie or picture. I don't know, maybe it's just me but that just kinda hits a nerve. Especially when they know what they are doing is harmful but use the excuse of, "its just this one time" or my favorite..."I know this is wrong but gosh what an awesome pic"!! Maybe I'm just looking to much into it. Everyone is quick to point the blame somewhere else when trails/roads get closed or shut down. We all need to take care of what we have and appreciate nature and EVERYTHING more. Just my opinion.
We’re all hear to have open and free (respectful) conversations. I’d say let them know. Maybe its something about their area/country, and we’ll all learn something new. Or they may not fully understand the mindset we all have concerning not leaving a foot print. And they may learn something.

Paula - Canadian Explorer

Rank VI

Influencer I

Okotoks, AB, Canada
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Ponte
Member #

I dont know anything about these fancy words I can't even pronounce but I can agree with having harmony among our breed and sharing the experiences of fellow members and other like minded folks who love all the things you mentioned, with no exceptions.

??? Did I mention political orientation ? My answer would be To be alive, live where you vote, be legally qualified, and meet the voting deadlines. Simple !
Amen! Well said! :tonguewink:

Paula - Canadian Explorer

Rank VI

Influencer I

Okotoks, AB, Canada
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Ponte
Member #

ha! not bad....took you several posts, but you finally hit it! :grinning:

less passive-aggressive and more cynicism and you can hit that nerve (the Kill Shot as i like to call it) in a single post.
needs a little work, but i like what i'm seeing!
Hey! What can I say? I’m a little slow in the head :tonguewink:

LumixLab

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Young Harris, Georgia, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Mauldin
Member #

Just wondering some of yalls views on something. When you see someone post pics that obviously is showing miss use of land and trails, do you comment or keep quite? Everyone is trying to get that perfect or awesome shot for social media. I get taking pictures and recording your adventures but there are so many times that by doing this that it's going 100% against the whole "take care and preserve" the land. I use to see it in backpacking a lot. People have even died trying to get a selfie or picture. I don't know, maybe it's just me but that just kinda hits a nerve. Especially when they know what they are doing is harmful but use the excuse of, "its just this one time" or my favorite..."I know this is wrong but gosh what an awesome pic"!! Maybe I'm just looking to much into it. Everyone is quick to point the blame somewhere else when trails/roads get closed or shut down. We all need to take care of what we have and appreciate nature and EVERYTHING more. Just my opinion.
You're in Georgia like me. Did you see where the 46 year old woman fell off of Yonah Mountain and died recently? She was hiking with her husband and son. I don't know if you've ever done that hike but that screams of selfie death or foul play. I don't see someone falling from that rack face unless there's something going on. I see ignorant stuff posted on the group pages for this area all the time and I have chosen to just remain silent. You can't fix stupid.