Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Breukelen, Utrecht, Netherlands
First Name
Seb
Last Name
Bass
Member #

Hi Guys did a quick search on this but couldn't find much.

I need to change the tires on the boss's 4x4 Land Rover Defender 110
Currently it has 35/12.5R17LT 's on there, but these are absolutely useless in the snow and the car is currently in the French Alps.
I'm looking at the KO2's from BF as they are snow rated (the little symbol) but can only get them in metric sizes. When I put the Imperial size in a tire size converter it tells me the following:

35/12.5R17 =
318/72/17 exact
325/70/17 is then their recommendation
315/70/17 is the biggest BF does in France

Would I run into trouble in anyway putting these on?
I've attached the Specs from BF and I can't see a problem with it, just seeing if anyone else has any experience with this?

Thanks!

Attachments

Vyscera

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

the 315/70/17 will be a hair smaller than your 35/12.5R17LTs, but it's negligible. Different manufacturers vary in size anyway so you might not notice a difference. make sure you're staying within the correct load range as well.

F4T XJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

London, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Savage
Member #

As above different brands vary in size but KO2 are on the larger size. There 315 70 17 is 35.54 inches in diameter so depending on the brand you have right now they may actually be bigger than the current ones

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
If you're looking for a dedicated snow tire, check into Bridgestone blizzak tires, they are head and shoulders above others for snow performance.
BFG KO2's are really good all-around tire though, and what @Vyscera said is true regarding load rating as C, D and E are very different in capacity.

Captain Josh

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid-Michigan
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Fornwall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4WOL
I used to drive KO's on snow, no problem. Great tire. I think you'll be happy going that route.

seb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Breukelen, Utrecht, Netherlands
First Name
Seb
Last Name
Bass
Member #

If you're looking for a dedicated snow tire, check into Bridgestone blizzak tires, they are head and shoulders above others for snow performance.
BFG KO2's are really good all-around tire though, and what @Vyscera said is true regarding load rating as C, D and E are very different in capacity.
Unfortunately they don't have my tire size... And BFG does. Anything better than what is under there at the minute, which is just dangerous for not having traction while pulling away/accelerating, braking or even just coasting along... Hence why the KO2 as they are snow rated with the little snow symbol as well, this might not indicate much to a lot of people but is important for me as that is the only way the police will let me drive up the mountain if is snows!

Thanks everyone for their input!