Tire Deflators

• HTML tutorial

jeepsnstuff

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sandia Park new mexico
Member #

That's what I like most about the ARB. Many times I'm not needing to air all the way down, but going down to 20-22psi to smooth out the ride on easy off road stuff is nice. Not being stuck at a certain PSI has it's advantages.
Yep, where I live you can start on a dirt road (20psi) then you are in the rocks (15-18psi) then you are in the sand (10-15psi) then depending on the weight I am carrying for the giving trip those all change 1-3 psi. A pre set deflator is really a compromise and the arb deflates in the same time it take the 4 pack deflators anyways. That being said the ideal way to do it is have the auto deflators set for the most common and the arb takes care of everything else. Space in my jeep is a premium so I had to have the one to do it all and for me that was the ARB.

Last edited:

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I picked up a set of Boulder Tool deflators on Amazon for around $26 and they work great. They are fairly loud though.

S

SubeeBen

Tuff stuff overland deflators work great & very well priced I think $ 25 or so.

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

Stauns here, set to 18lbs. Wish I hadn’t let the first set I bought go with the bronco. Was the first thing I re-bought for the FJ.

Flyte74

Rank 0

Traveler I

I have used a valve core removal tool and pressure gauge, screw on deflators with a pressure gauge, Staun deflators, and ARB like deflator. The fastest way to deflate is to remove the core, but then you have to measure pressure, once you get to desired pressure hold your finger on valve and then attempt to get the core back in. Too much of a juggling act and if while removing or inserting the core it goes flying into the bushes you are screwed if you don’t have spares. The screw on deflators are slow but work. Stauns were ok for me, after a few trips the pressures were really inconsistent. The ARB deflator, which keeps the core internal to the device works best for me. It’s pretty quick. One drawback is you can only do one tire at a time but, for now anyway, it’s what I prefer to air down with.

with the stauns I used a trailer tire to set pressure. Less air to keep replacing and you can do it with a bike pump if you don’t have a convenient air source.

Reactions: MazeVX and SVgarage

Truckee

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Bay Area, CA
I have the Stauns and ARB deflator. Mostly use the ARB deflator. Not too much to complain about it but it could be faster. I would like to install Powertank Monster Deflators.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I'm sure we had that one often...
I'm, again, on the weirdo side...
I use the indeflate tire pressure device
Having a complete balanced pressure on the axle makes me happy!

If someone is interested, here's a manufacturer link.
http://www.indeflate.co.za/index.html

TheGreatWhiteBuffalo

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Gini
Member #

I’m using the Boulder Tools rapid tire deflator. Easy to use, a little less expensive than the ARB, and came with new valve cores.
I think this is one of those items that you don’t want to notice, I just use it, put it away, done. Which means it works perfectly haha.

Last edited:

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I bought the GRT deflater off Amazon. It is a knock-off of the ARB. The price $25 vs $39 is what made the decision for me. It also was nice to have a zippered padded soft shell case that had room for extra tire gear like a patch kit/repair kit, and assorted small items. Reviews were good on this product. I also bought a Vivair 88P compressor to compliment the deflater:sunglasses: