• HTML tutorial

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

Hi Fellow Overlanders,

We'd like to take a moment to share a video with you.

A couple weeks ago we made an overland journey through a large portion of the public lands in Nebraska and South Dakota. In the video we talk about how we plan our trips and cope with "changes" in the plan. :persevere:

We hope you enjoy it, and if you're new to overlanding, get some useful information out of it.

If you have any tips of your own, please share them with us here.

Last edited:

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Works fine for me.

That was an enjoyable video, and a lot of good tips. We've ben to several of those areas in South Dakota that you visited on our yearly cross-country trip to take our daughter to college in Seattle. (Interstates out, wander home - once taking 42 days to get back.) It is a beautiful part of the country, and I could explore there for years. My biggest disappointment were the crowds in the Black Hills, especially how Deadwood was so commercialized.

Thanks for the trip!

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

Works fine for me.

That was an enjoyable video, and a lot of good tips. We've ben to several of those areas in South Dakota that you visited on our yearly cross-country trip to take our daughter to college in Seattle. (Interstates out, wander home - once taking 42 days to get back.) It is a beautiful part of the country, and I could explore there for years. My biggest disappointment were the crowds in the Black Hills, especially how Deadwood was so commercialized.

Thanks for the trip!
Thanks Steve! Yes, there are areas of the Black Hills that are crazy touristy, especially around Keystone, Deadwood, Mt Rushmore, and Custer State Park. But like most of our popular public lands, 95% of the visitors never go off pavement, 4 1/2% might get out on a gravel road or two. We like being in that 1/2% that has the desire, and a rig that's capable, to get off that beaten path and explore.
Deadwood is fun for a few hours, then it's time to hit the trails. :)

Reactions: Steve