Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
15550 said:
Glen_Wesley #0329 wrote:
Hi @Michael It seems that edited profile photos are now broken. My is no longer showing after uploading a new png image. Looking forward to new forum software. Xenforo was always good to me when I ran forums in recent years. Not free but very good. Glen
Ok, so the image has now updated. It seem that Facebook overrides any forum settings, including names .
OK, great. I'll also look at Xenforo. Thank you!

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Michael,

I don't know what's changed, but the wrench symbol in the upper left corner is gone again. So there's no way to see a list of the latest posts. I also now have to log in every time I visit, despite checking the "remember me" box. Left column layout has changed on the iPad, so the search box and Facebook row overlap the login window, and is off the bottom of the screen. So I can only log in on the iPad if I rotate to portrait mode. This has all changed over the past couple of days.

Thanks,
Steve

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
17239 said:
Michael, I don’t know what’s changed, but the wrench symbol in the upper left corner is gone again. So there’s no way to see a list of the latest posts. I also now have to log in every time I visit, despite checking the “remember me” box. Left column layout has changed on the iPad, so the search box and Facebook row overlap the login window, and is off the bottom of the screen. So I can only log in on the iPad if I rotate to portrait mode. This has all changed over the past couple of days. Thanks, Steve
Thank you @steve I think I just fixed the wrench icon and toolbar. I'll have to look into the formatting on my iPad at home, see if I can fix it.

I'm curious if you originally logged on with facebook or registered on the site. That might help me debug!

M

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I registered directly here. I don't have a real Facebook account. Wrench/toolbar still not showing on Safari on my Mac.

Thanks for the quick response,
Steve

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@steve - try to clear your cache? The toolbar and forum views are working for me at least. Seems iPad and Safari may need to be handled specially.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Still no joy. Clearing cache does nothing on the desktop computer, and don't see a way to clear it on the iPad. I have no wrench tool in the upper left to pull-down to see a list of latest posts, and I don't have the bar across the top that tells me if I have any messages.

And on the iPad, all the stuff in the bottom left piles on top of each other.

(Right-click, open image in new tab/window to see full size)

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Echoing the strange CSS issue with the float on the search / social media section in the lower left.

Also, it looks like clicking the navigation strait to the forum seems to not work properly at the moment.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Is it only me? Does everyone else see the wrench symbol in the top left that is used to show the new posts since your last visit? I'm lost without it. And no toolbar at all when using the site from the iPad, which will be a real pain when on the road. Can't take my 27" desktop in the Outback! :blush:

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

So I'm assuming from the lack of replies, that everyone else has the "new posts" wrench button on the desktop version, and has a toolbar on the iPad version (if applicable.)

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
17536 said:
Is it only me? Does everyone else see the wrench symbol in the top left that is used to show the new posts since your last visit? I’m lost without it. And no toolbar at all when using the site from the iPad, which will be a real pain when on the road. Can’t take my 27″ desktop in the Outback!
ill do some debugging tonight! Thanks for your patience. We still use "free" software.

M

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Thanks, Michael. I notice I don't visit the site as much as when it worked before.

Steve

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Still having posting issues as well @administrator

Also, I tried editing an old post and it deleted it!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
18077 said:
Still having posting issues as well @administrator Also, I tried editing an old post and it deleted it!
Hey @stringtwelve , can you tell me what posting issues you are having, and what platform? Maybe it will give me a clue. Thanks man! I'm not seeing the issues from my end.

M

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

When I tried responding to the Rigs found for Sale thread it would just cycle, then nothing new would post. I tried refreshing to no avail. When I attempted to post again, it gave me the error "it looks like you've already posted". Still no luck.

Then, I thought I'd try just editing my original post with my new response... it simply deleted the original post. I can't find it on my side at all.

I've tried this from two separate PCs, both running Chrome. One has windows 7, the other windows 8.1. I may give it a try on Firefox tonight to see if it works with another platform.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
18088 said:
When I tried responding to the Rigs found for Sale thread it would just cycle, then nothing new would post.
Thanks for this information. I think it may have something to do with network latency, but I'm not sure. It seems to be intermittent, with no reproduction steps. The forums are a long term project, but one we are serious about improving.