Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Michael,

Over the past week, things seem to be breaking on the forum.

- Photos placed with BB Code don't work any more, only displaying the code
- Signatures are no longer displaying
- The wrench logo is gone, so there's no way to get a list of new posts
- Quotes in BB Code show as BB Code text rather than quotes.
- Attachments that were showing inline within the text no longer are, and only show at the end of the post

I don't know if you've been making changes lately to fix something and accidentally changed something else, or if the software has gone spastic, but I thought I'd let you know.

Steve

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
13995 said:
Michael, Over the past week, things seem to be breaking on the forum. – Photos placed with BB Code don’t work any more, only displaying the code – Signatures are no longer displaying – The wrench logo is gone, so there’s no way to get a list of new posts – Quotes in BB Code show as BB Code text rather than quotes. – Attachments that were showing inline within the text no longer are, and only show at the end of the post I don’t know if you’ve been making changes lately to fix something and accidentally changed something else, or if the software has gone spastic, but I thought I’d let you know. Steve
Hey Steve - I switched it back - I have been doing a few things to make the forums more stable. I'll be selecting a different option for forums soon. I'll see how this config goes!

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

<p>Thanks Michael, things look much better now. Hate to be the squeaky wheel, but wanted you to know.</p>
<p>steve</p>

UKCRD

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor III

<p>Although every post seems to get wrapped in p tags now?</p>

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@steve I appreciate you letting us know! e are still figuring things out and trying to make things better/the best for all of you guys. Just moved to a new host this AM. We are hoping that makes things MUCH faster. Let us know if you see any new issues as a result!

Thank you!

UKCRD

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor III

<p>Bizarrely, when I posted the last message above the landing page re-directed me to:</p>
<p>http://overlandbound.com/wp-admin/setup-config.php</p>

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

<p>Test post to make sure it works, disregard. </p>

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Second Test post...

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I don't have a fix for all of the issues but when you post you'll see Two boxes on the Top Right of your ReplyTo: text box that says Visual and Text.

Before typing your reply, click the Text button and that will take away the mysterious < > type bracketing.

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

...If you edit your post though it will revert back and you'll probably have twice as many, lol.

And Click that TEXT box before you start typing so you don't have to manually remove the formatting.

Sorry to blow up the thread.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Don't worry about it while you're traveling. We can certainly work around a little formatting problems. Wolvee's suggestion seems to work for now, anyway.

Enjoy the trip and forget about us.

dylanmorse

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

I'll second that! Enjoy the trip, we can live with minor formatting issues until you guys get back. Loving the pictures, BTW!

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

New test 1.

New test 2.

<p>I'm having issues too with posting, nothing is in line, pictures all messed up. @administrator</p>

I'm having issues too with posting, nothing is in line, pictures all messed up. @administrator

<p>I'm having issues too with posting, nothing is in line, pictures all messed up. @administrator</p>
<div>I'm having issues too with posting, nothing is in line, pictures all messed up. @administrator</div>
<h1>I'm having issues too with posting, nothing is in line, pictures all messed up. @administrator</h1>

I'm having issues too with posting, nothing is in line, pictures all messed up. @administrator

Inmused

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Victoria, Australia
Member #

Hi @Michael

It seems that edited profile photos are now broken.  My is no longer showing after uploading a new png image.

Looking forward to new forum software.  Xenforo was always good to me when I ran forums in recent years.  Not free but very good.

Glen

Inmused

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Victoria, Australia
Member #

15536 said:
Hi @Michael It seems that edited profile photos are now broken. My is no longer showing after uploading a new png image. Looking forward to new forum software. Xenforo was always good to me when I ran forums in recent years. Not free but very good. Glen
Ok, so the image has now updated.  It seem that Facebook overrides any forum settings, including names .