Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

I have owned many chairs in my day. And many of them tore and broke and just ended up in the garbage. Them I found the Coleman Deck chair (minus the side table) and it has been the best camp chairs so far.
Pros
- comfortable, not sitting too low
- easy to stand up from the sitting position
- sturdy

Cons
- bulky, need extra room to pack them away. I usually strap them last on my OffRoad trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nomad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

I have owned many chairs in my day. And many of them tore and broke and just ended up in the garbage. Them I found the Coleman Deck chair (minus the side table) and it has been the best camp chairs so far.
Pros
- comfortable, not sitting too low
- easy to stand up from the sitting position
- sturdy

Cons
- bulky, need extra room to pack them away. I usually strap them last on my OffRoad trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I find this the best one too I like the the attached table saves the hassle of bringing chair and table around the campfire and it has a handy dandy beer holder dose not get much better than that...

Reactions: Drifterman

codesertrat

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Las Vegas, NV
Member #

I'm still using the cheap canvas like ones from wal-mart with the cup holders. I have no complaints as far as comfort, I have spent many a day fishing in one. The cost is about perfect, I think we picked my wife up one for like $15. They fit perfectly in the rear section of her roof rack or anywhere in the hatch of my GX470. Another plus is with how cheap they are I don't feel bad if I forget them in the rain or the tear without warning

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

The GF and I enjoy the Kelty low loveseat. It's a bit bulky but it comes with a great carry case with a shoulder strap and the back is reclined at an angle to make it extremely comfortable. It also has built in bottles openers on each side. :) From my ultralight camping days I have a couple of Big Agnes Helinox chairs. They are comfortable but require a bit of agility to get in and out of. They are also ridiculously priced but that's the price you pay for going ultralight. Now they are used as foot stools when we sit in the love seat. That combination will put you to sleep.

whiskeytacos

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

I really like seeing these high end camp chairs, but we always end up happy with our (now closing forever) SportsAuthority camp chairs. When I'm on my own I'll just sit on my tailgate or try to find a big rock.

I am considering getting some nice Kelty chairs for the next trip, as our $10 chairs seem to last a few months at best.

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

The OzTent King Goanna camp chair is my current favorite. There's an insulated cup holder/pocket on each side of the seat with a grommet for drainage. Supports up to 330 lbs. It folds up to about the same as any other chair and fits in a nice zippered bag. It's got adjustable lumbar support and a zippered pouch behind the head rest. You can store the bag in there as well.

brianb2

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

We've got the Tommy Bahama chairs from Costco. They're really comfortable and go for about $30 each.

Pros
- lay back perfectly flat, with something under your feet it can be used as a cot
- small cooler and storage bag on the back of the chair
- backpack straps make carrying long distance easy

Cons
- not compact when folded
- sits low to the ground

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

We ended up buying the ARB chair just before Expo West, then we also picked up an Oz Tent Gecko chair while we were there. We got the Gecko at an awesome price since it was a display unit on top of expo pricing... not to mention that we were camped out with the reps :sunglasses:.

I'll be doing a review on each setup in the future. Need to get some run-time into them first. Only complaint so far is the bulky storage factor, but they are SUPER comfortable. The table works great for our 3 year old since she is now too big to fit in her camp highchair.

NoOneBetter

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

I have three of the arb chairs. I love the design.The side pouch is roomy enough to hold my tablet and phone. Great when on a sandy beach too, keeps my frink out of kicking range. Will hold a bottle or.can in a koozie. The downside. They are a bit bulky to pack. But I am a big guy and my chair has held up 2 years so far.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

So many great options in this thread. We have some that are like the OZtent ones above and they are the normal chairs for long trips. But when we are camping close by, I just chuck these HUGE bass pro shop chairs on the rack. They SUCK to pack and are huge, but OMG are they nice.