Mspiduro23

Rank 0

Traveler I

Williamstown, Monroe, NJ, USA
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Spiduro Jr
I believe the boondock camping areas of NJ's State Forests are STILL closed due to Covid. (Bodine, Hawkins, Godfrey). Camp Taylor is a cool spot. Turtle Run in the Pine Barrens is a commercial campground & a much quieter alternative to Wading Pines.
Wow, still!? ...
I might end up checking out turtle run later this year then
I stayed at turtle run last year just for a quick weekend get away with the kids and it definitely was a nice, quite camp ground.

kalinut

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Metuchen, NJ, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Festa
Member #

Hey everyone, I’m new to overlanding but not to 4x4ing and camping. With that being said, I plan on tackling the TNJT with a buddy in his truck (also new) and my kids with me in mine starting on April 30. We will be leaving from the Williamstown area in south Jersey heading to High Point, camping out overnight then hitting the route. Anyone have any pointers on reserving camp site as far as where to make the next nights reservation, like how far through the route you make it per day, if that makes sense lol Thanks in advance for any tips/suggestions, and if anyone wants to tag along let me know!
If I can coodinate my schedule I'm up to tag along. I'm new to overlanding .. Bought an F150 two months ago. It's stock except for a set of +1 sized General Grabber AT2 so I'll be taking it conservatively and learning as I go.

Also, if anyone is planning to do short sections of the trail (like 1/2 - 3/4 day trips) between now and then me know.

Mspiduro23

Rank 0

Traveler I

Williamstown, Monroe, NJ, USA
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Spiduro Jr
Hey everyone, I’m new to overlanding but not to 4x4ing and camping. With that being said, I plan on tackling the TNJT with a buddy in his truck (also new) and my kids with me in mine starting on April 30. We will be leaving from the Williamstown area in south Jersey heading to High Point, camping out overnight then hitting the route. Anyone have any pointers on reserving camp site as far as where to make the next nights reservation, like how far through the route you make it per day, if that makes sense lol Thanks in advance for any tips/suggestions, and if anyone wants to tag along let me know!
If I can coodinate my schedule I'm up to tag along. I'm new to overlanding .. Bought an F150 two months ago. It's stock except for a set of +1 sized General Grabber AT2 so I'll be taking it conservatively and learning as I go.

Also, if anyone is planning to do short sections of the trail (like 1/2 - 3/4 day trips) between now and then me know.
Sounds good!

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

A few weeks ago Gov Murphy said something to the effect of Sleepover summer camps opening for children. he also stated that state campgrounds will remain closed for the unforeseeable future

Reactions: Dusther210

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

Good news! I saw this on another website:

Ok, found it. It looks like some are accepting reservations and some aren't. Godfrey, Hawkins, Goshen, and Bodine are still showing up as closed on the reservation website. Mullica River and Lower Forge (maybe others also) are open as of June 1.

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
Here’s what I do know about High Point:
2Feb21 we were allowed to drive into the park without paying a fee and got to walk to the monument.
For the roads that are seasonally closed, I believe they open 1 April, I can’t confirm personally for another few weeks though.

I also have a question...
Does this and when will this be open?

Attachments

Reactions: njhiker43

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
It's unfortunate that this was done on software only available on iPhones. I would love to do this trail but the experience on Google Maps or Gaia is awful. Even a paper map would be better.
Have you ever used Blue Force Tracker or Tacnav? Lol

Type “Gaia gps Lifestyle Overland” into the search bar on Youtube and they’ll square you away, no more issues with Gaia.

Enjoy

Last edited:
Reactions: StarfleetAwayTeam

Contributor III

Burlington County, NJ, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Kausch
It's unfortunate that this was done on software only available on iPhones. I would love to do this trail but the experience on Google Maps or Goaia is awful. Even a paper map would be better.
Have you ever used Blue Force Tracker or Tacnav? Lol

Type “Gaia gps Lifestyle Overland” into the Awar CJ bar on Youtube and they’ll square you away, no more issues with Gaia.

Enjoy
Thanks. I'll try that.

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
Just thought I would share, there’s another TNJT thread with some steam right now