The most spectacular picture you've ever taken...

• HTML tutorial

FJ-Edgar

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Shannon
Last Name
Herschberger
Member #

I was going through many of my pictures, as I tend to do when I'm stuck inside for pandemic reasons, and I noticed there are some I find quite spectacular. I only ever use a camphone (I coined the lame phrase), but camphones are getting more and more capable.

Let's see what ya'll got! This is purely a matter of personal opinion. Who cares if they are posted elsewhere, post them again.

I could do this all day....
Those dogs are adorable!

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
Sometime to get the best photo I would have to climb up with my equipment and hang off the side of a wall while shooting.

IMG_3862ppsm.jpg

Rock climbing.... Not Rock Crawling.... I designed an upper harness and my camera would hang from my back when climbing. In this photo my Canon DSLR is actually on my back.

DSC_3135.JPG

This is not good when my shadow gets in the photo....

Dumesm69.jpg

Rock climbing shoes are very important with a special rubber that sticks to the rock. This friend of mine sometimes climbs barefooted.. It is amazing to watch him climb.

IMG_8627.JPG

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
This is a good example of getting the shot in the camera if you want a large moon like you see in movies you will need a large telephoto lens. This was shot with a 600mm lens I think the mountain is 1/4 mile away. A telephoto lens will make everything bigger in the photo and will also make items look much closer to each other. Yosemite valley.

YosemiteN 067pp.jpg

Last edited:

Shawn Oswald

Rank I

Contributor III

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Oswald
919C8414-29C5-473F-9F2E-6DEA94F66917.png I’m not sure how spectacular it was but it was pretty devastating since I was out in the middle of nowhere and unprepared. Thank God for a cheap Walmart floor jack! Got me off this rock

• Haha
Reactions: Ashton