The most spectacular picture you've ever taken...

• HTML tutorial

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Some of my favorite photos, I'm mostly into aviation photography, but do always bring my small Sony RX100 with me everywhere, the first photo was a handheld shot taken at 1/5th shutterspeed.

136.jpg

I do love the select color mode Sony cameras offer.

02.jpg

This one is my best photo ever! It's actually a perfectly still reflection turned 90 degrees to the left because I saw what I thought was a face.

DSC03087.jpg

The last transatlantic flight by a radial engined plane, from Fairbanks, Alaska to Stavanger, Norway.

26.JPG

Old meets new in the airline world, a Douglas DC-6B and a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.

24.JPG

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Some of my favorite photos, I'm mostly into aviation photography, but do always bring my small Sony RX100 with me everywhere, the first photo was a handheld shot taken at 1/5th shutterspeed.

View attachment 157099

I do love the select color mode Sony cameras offer.

View attachment 157100

This one is my best photo ever! It's actually a perfectly still reflection turned 90 degrees to the left because I saw what I thought was a face.

View attachment 157101

The last transatlantic flight by a radial engined plane, from Fairbanks, Alaska to Stavanger, Norway.

View attachment 157102

Old meets new in the airline world, a Douglas DC-6B and a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.

View attachment 157103
Really Nice!

Reactions: Joey83

jwestbury

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Washington, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Westbury
Member #

Guess I'll make this my first post. Here's a shot of the Andes, followed by one from Scotland, then one taken out the back of a van returning from shark driving in South Africa. Instagram link in my signature, don't want to litter the thread here too much. :)

Sudzmeister

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Bay City, MI, USA
First Name
Corban
Last Name
Poultney
Member #

That shot if Branson was shear luck. Only night shot I’ve ever gotten to come out good. Taken handheld canon t6i with 18-55 lense while moving.. luck is all that was. Lol

we want to focus on getting our night photography better too, but it’s more complicated than anything else I’ve shot. Lol
That shot if Branson was shear luck. Only night shot I’ve ever gotten to come out good. Taken handheld canon t6i with 18-55 lense while moving.. luck is all that was. Lol

we want to focus on getting our night photography better too, but it’s more complicated than anything else I’ve shot. Lol
Night photography is the most technically challenging you can do, but also IMO the most fun.
I wish i could say there was a trick to getting perfect shots every time. but it heavily depends on what effect youre going for.
I am personally a fan of turning my shutter speed REALLY low, and cranking my ISO up to compensate for it. Gives a nice dramatic feeling, and gives a cool effect to anything moving, like headlights and tail lights.

Also, unless you're running your camera in "Bulb" mode, try bracketing with night photography. super useful, and with most DSLR/Mirrorless cameras they offer that as a function.

Reactions: Boort

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wewoka, Seminole County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

Night photography is the most technically challenging you can do, but also IMO the most fun.
I wish i could say there was a trick to getting perfect shots every time. but it heavily depends on what effect youre going for.
I am personally a fan of turning my shutter speed REALLY low, and cranking my ISO up to compensate for it. Gives a nice dramatic feeling, and gives a cool effect to anything moving, like headlights and tail lights.

Also, unless you're running your camera in "Bulb" mode, try bracketing with night photography. super useful, and with most DSLR/Mirrorless cameras they offer that as a function.
Thanks for the tips. We need to do more of it as that’s how you learn. It just seems we are always busy then asleep. Lol

KLTH19

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ivins, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Craig
Member #

Taken during this year's annual trek out to Death Valley. I think this was maybe my 5th or 6th visit to the park, and eventually I got what I was looking for at Mesquite Dunes.

Mesquite Dunes.jpg

Roughly the same location a few years earlier, when the goal was to get some sunrise color.

mesquite-sunrise2.jpg

Roughly the same location a few years earlier, when the goal was to get some sunrise color.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Me and my son....

scan0177.jpg

And my daughter..

scan0173.jpg

Lake O'Hara in the background.... and Marmots screeching
on Kodachrome, long before digital anything.

Reactions: 64Trvlr

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Speaking of Kodachrome.....