• HTML tutorial

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Picked up a few new pieces of steel. First a pair of LT wrights with the python micarta handles. Top is a bush baby, bottom is the bushcrafter. I REALLY like the bush baby. Great size and feel. These along with the outback makes the LR collection complete.

But my heart is still into hawks. Picked up this nice TR forge design from a 32oz ball peen. I would hate to image it in flesh. Different breed of males when they met on the field to exchange swings with a piece of steel

Then a nice deer mountian forge with cross markings. Not just beautiful but functional

So sharp it shaved the hair off my arm

A few other wood heft hawks from my collection

DoanGivadam

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Monmouth, OR, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Brooks
Member #

I have a small assortment of knives I rotate through. Lately I've been carrying a ZT301. For work I take my Benchmade auto. Almost always have my Leatherman Wave too, just replaced my original one of 10 years with a new one via their lifetime warranty. Hard to beat! For camping/overlanding activities and outdoor chores I like my BK9.knives2.jpg

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

Depending on if im at work or not, these are my two go to knives. My grandpas old timer passer down, sharp as can be. and a Hogue automatic Tanto, cant really say anything about it so far. its a decent knife, overpriced but i got 4 of them for free, so why not try it out, but i like the old timer better. 98738

SoCalGX

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Picked up a few new pieces of steel. First a pair of LT wrights with the python micarta handles. Top is a bush baby, bottom is the bushcrafter. I REALLY like the bush baby. Great size and feel. These along with the outback makes the LR collection complete.

But my heart is still into hawks. Picked up this nice TR forge design from a 32oz ball peen. I would hate to image it in flesh. Different breed of males when they met on the field to exchange swings with a piece of steel

Then a nice deer mountian forge with cross markings. Not just beautiful but functional

So sharp it shaved the hair off my arm

A few other wood heft hawks from my collection
Thanks for recommending the LT Wright’s! I’ve been wanting a reasonably priced and well made fixed blade that’s not overly large or aggressive looking.

Ordered a Bush Baby with “natural” handles and it’s due to arrive tomorrow![emoji16][emoji106]

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Let me know what you think but I am pretty sure you are going to like it. I have several LTs now, and they are good little knives. Think you picked the best "first" knife to get.

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Depending on if im at work or not, these are my two go to knives. My grandpas old timer passer down, sharp as can be. and a Hogue automatic Tanto, cant really say anything about it so far. its a decent knife, overpriced but i got 4 of them for free, so why not try it out, but i like the old timer better. View attachment 98738
I've carried an Old Timer like that every day for almost 50 years. It is getting pretty worn and the blades are very stained.

Reactions: avgjoe624

SoCalGX

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Let me know what you think but I am pretty sure you are going to like it. I have several LTs now, and they are good little knives. Think you picked the best "first" knife to get.
Just got it, and first impression is very positive! It’s a great size, nicely finished, and that barrel handle feels good in the hand. Just need to break in the sheath a bit and add the firesteel (which I forgot to order.)

Also - I’m not alone in my initial assessment. My 8 year old son has already called dibs on it for when he’s old enough to have a real knife for camping... assuming I am willing to hand it down. [emoji38]

Reactions: utspoolup

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I went around the house, the camper, the car, garage, etc. Finding all my knives I could. Still, I missed some. My dive/kayak knife isn't in the boat where I thought it was. I couldn't get to my tackle box to get my old Martiini Rapala filet knife. And just as I was typing this, I remembered the two knives Deb uses out in the garden shed. My daughter is borrowing my Buck Executive folder while she looks for her missing SAK. And I forgot about the Fiskars hatchet, splitting axe, and folding saws in the barn. There are probably a few others I've lost track of, too.

Anyway, here's what I have. Many of these were bought in the '80s and '90s when I was going through a "well, that looks cool!" phase. And there are a few just silly sharp objects, such as the lipstick blade, tulip necklace, hammer multi-tool, and especially the multi-tool made to look like a race car. :)

Fixed Blade
IMG_4793-X2.jpg

Folders
IMG_4796-X2.jpg

Multi-Tools
IMG_4795-X2.jpg

Everything pointy I have, except those I forgot...IMG_4798-X4.jpg