Texas Big Bend National Park Event in Future?!?!

• HTML tutorial

Who Is Down To go?!?!

• Total voters

Matt L.

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, TX
Member #

I am interested and not too far from the park, in Midland.

I was there in June and have been going to Big Bend for 20+ years. I can help with planning if you are interested.

As far as camping inside the park, Cottonwood and Rio Grande Village are both near 4x4 trailheads and can accommodate groups. The Chisos basin can also accommodate groups but is not near the trailhead. As note before, the Primitive Roadside Campsites can be pretty limited on number of vehicles, but a few can handle 2+ vehicles.

DallasTRDPro

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Dallas
Yeah we need to get a date set.
Still way too hot. I live in Dallas and am heading to Ouray 9/1 and maybe Moab for a day or two. I’m staying in a Airbnb this trip with maybe a day or two in the Jeep. Never slept in my Jeep before so we will see how that goes. I think I’m going to try the Xprite Nitepad and see if I can sleep on that. I’m not a tent kind of guy. I need some comfort and real shelter. And I don’t see myself dumping $10K on an Ursa Minor or a rooftop tent. Another question are dogs allowed. I know some places don’t allow them and my dog will always be with me wherever we go.

Reactions: Levidale

Levidale

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Gardendale Texas
Member #

Still way too hot. I live in Dallas and am heading to Ouray 9/1 and maybe Moab for a day or two. I’m staying in a Airbnb this trip with maybe a day or two in the Jeep. Never slept in my Jeep before so we will see how that goes. I think I’m going to try the Xprite Nitepad and see if I can sleep on that. I’m not a tent kind of guy. I need some comfort and real shelter. And I don’t see myself dumping $10K on an Ursa Minor or a rooftop tent. Another question are dogs allowed. I know some places don’t allow them and my dog will always be with me wherever we go.
Yes, definitely still too hot. I usually start going in October. I’ve always done the tent set up. My set up is under 2 minute and take down in the same. And far as I know dogs are a okay at the National park.

Reactions: Edgrrr

Lost-Again

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Texas
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Again
Member #

I’ll be heading to Telluride/Ouray 1st week in September as well. Keep a lookout for a white 4Runner with a white furry navigator

Attachments

Reactions: Edgrrr

DallasTRDPro

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Dallas
I’ll be heading to Telluride/Ouray 1st week in September as well. Keep a lookout for a white 4Runner with a white furry navigator
Cool. Maybe we can do a trail or two together. I will be in a all white Jeep Rubicon Recon with my boy in the back. I’m leaving from Dallas on 8/31 and doing small chunks. Hangin with a friend in Amarillo on 8/31 and checking out Palo Duro Canyon. Then headed to Taos for a day. And then staying in Ridgway. Doing a few hikes with my dog and lots of trails. Might head to Moab for a day on 9/7 and then home. Maybe we could do a trail or two. What are your dates? Where are you leaving from ??