Texas Big Bend National Park Event in Future?!?!

• HTML tutorial

Who Is Down To go?!?!

• Total voters

Jose Losoya

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denton, TX, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Losoya
Member #

Looking to plan a Trip In Big Bend National Park Texas in the future , I marked an ((APPROX 20 MILE OFF-ROAD TRAIL )), we rally up Panther Junction Service Station and Fuel up! , Then travel 5 miles down to Glen Springs Rd where the Offroad trail will start , Down to Black Gap Rd then up Tally Rd and set up camp somewhere at Mariscal Mine ( Depending on the group size is where we will set up) Also gives a chance to look around the mine if we set up near it!

This is just a thought for now till i get ready for it (New to over landing) , but what i want to know is who is down to come hang out and hit the trails, Get to know each other! Looking forward for the future! Cant wait to hear your thoughts!Desktop Screenshot 2018.01.26 - 23.59.53.46.pngDesktop Screenshot 2018.01.27 - 00.00.11.42.png

Willmh3

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tennessee Colony, Texas
Member #

That sounds like a good time. Unfortunately Big Bend is a long way from the house and would require some extensive planing on my part to clear the schedule long enough to get down there. Let us know how it goes when you do make the run.

Jose Losoya

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denton, TX, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Losoya
Member #

That sounds like a good time. Unfortunately Big Bend is a long way from the house and would require some extensive planing on my part to clear the schedule long enough to get down there. Let us know how it goes when you do make the run.
I get you man , its a 9hr drive for me as well, i will make sure (when it does happen) that i give a good 6 month notice before the trip , that way people have a chance to clear the schedule! i would like for it to be friday- Sunday trip!

Reactions: Chris Miller

OkieGobi

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lawton, Oklahoma, USA
Member #

An amazing part of the state that was a regular haunt for me and I have been telling myself I need to plan another trip out that way. It's a bit of a haul from OK, but if the timing is right, I'd be down.

Reactions: Jose Losoya

Jose Losoya

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denton, TX, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Losoya
Member #

An amazing part of the state that was a regular haunt for me and I have been telling myself I need to plan another trip out that way. It's a bit of a haul from OK, but if the timing is right, I'd be down.
Awesome!! Hope you can make it out , what time of the year would you think is best?

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
Trip planning TIP
..No reservations for backcountry roadside sites until onsite.
..Check vehicle count limits at selected backcountry roadside sites. (Some are 1)
..GO and ENJOY!!
All this info is on the website.
I would just hate to see an awesome trip planned and not have anywhere to stay when ya get there, if inside the park was your only option.