Tesla Cybertruck - What do you think?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

MazeVX

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Trains are AC for a reason.

I'll bet these things suck in snow.
Oh oh... Not that I like electric cars (I really don't) but it's a ac...
At least it's a 3 phase pwm modulated current that drives the motor.
And you can realize nearly every torque and power curve you want. It's just the battery that makes it a complete nonsense development in my opinion.

grubworm

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Thibodaux, LA, USA
First Name
mike
Last Name
c
Member #

It's just the battery that makes it a complete nonsense development in my opinion.
how is a battery a problem in this day and age? the moon landing used small and apparently very lightweight batteries 50 yrs ago. those batteries ran everything in the capsule and had the power to run enough heating strips to warm the capsule in -250 degree temps at night and then ran compressors for a/c units fighting against +250 degree temps in the sunlight. those batteries ran the moon buggy all over the place without any charge stations. THOSE are the batteries we need now. even the mars rovers are cruising all over the surface of mars with one battery and one solar panel and has been doing it for over a decade with no problems or power degradation. nasa needs to give up their secret formula for batteries

tat.png

Reactions: MidOH

Anak

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Sandy Eggo
Trains are AC for a reason.

I'll bet these things suck in snow.
My own experience says that batteries don't like the cold. OTOH, I have yet to hear anything about how drivers of EVs are finding themselves stuck in the snow, halfway home, because their batteries gave out. There should be plenty of experience with these things by now.

Or do these folks drive their hybrid on cold days?

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham Callsign
YourHighness
No you didn’t. Pls stop it. You’re embarrassing yourself.
It's a pathetic flashlight. Battery, motor, that's all. A toy car.

Impressive to people from CA maybe.

AL.WVSN

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Al
Last Name
Lagura
Member #

It's a pathetic flashlight. Battery, motor, that's all. A toy car.

Impressive to people from CA maybe.
A flashlight doesn’t doesn’t have a cool touchscreen tho...

And yes, all vehicles are toys. Why buy a Ferrari if you can get a pinto.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham Callsign
YourHighness
how is a battery a problem in this day and age? the moon landing used small and apparently very lightweight batteries 50 yrs ago. those batteries ran everything in the capsule and had the power to run enough heating strips to warm the capsule in -250 degree temps at night and then ran compressors for a/c units fighting against +250 degree temps in the sunlight. those batteries ran the moon buggy all over the place without any charge stations. THOSE are the batteries we need now. even the mars rovers are cruising all over the surface of mars with one battery and one solar panel and has been doing it for over a decade with no problems or power degradation. nasa needs to give up their secret formula for batteries

View attachment 129630

That might have been his point? There is no secret battery recipe. There is no environmentally friendly solution to millions of battery powered cars. Not to mention that the best batteries are prone to bursting into flames still.

Nasa doesn't care if it's batteries nuke wherever the rover lands. The Curiosity rover is powered by 10 pounds of plutonium 238. Not the BS flashlight batteries the Tesla uses. We'd have to build reactors specifically to produce 238 as a by product. There's only 30 pounds left in the world. In 1993 it sold at $45 000 per ounce. No idea what it would be now.

A major breakthrough in battery tech is needed.

AWD hybrids like the tso50 are closer to being plausible, but don't ask how much that super capacitor costs:

Fenders on the Tesla look like when a young jeep owner can't roll a fender and makes a new one out of cut square stock. Drinking the same bong water as Fab Fours, it would appear:

Last edited:

Wallygator

Rank II

Contributor III

USA
Still think Teslas offering is a complete joke. Bollinger would be my choice if I was into an EV offroad vehicle, which I will probably never have since they have out priced these things that are actually worse for the environment IMO.

HOME - BOLLINGER MOTORS