Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Currently stuck over in West Tennessee. New to the game, haven't gotten on a trail yet. Doing driving experience at Overland Expo East to get a little start.
I'm currently on the hunt for some "mild" overland camping opportunities in the area. Something where a stock 4x4 can do cleanly for now. :)

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Currently stuck over in West Tennessee. New to the game, haven't gotten on a trail yet. Doing driving experience at Overland Expo East to get a little start.
I'm currently on the hunt for some "mild" overland camping opportunities in the area. Something where a stock 4x4 can do cleanly for now. :)
You could have a great time at Land Between the Lakes and keep your rig pinstripe free.
I am hosting an Overland Camping 101 overnight this Saturday North of Nashville if you'd be interested... Not sure how far West you are.

Hank

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

You could have a great time at Land Between the Lakes and keep your rig pinstripe free.
I am hosting an Overland Camping 101 overnight this Saturday North of Nashville if you'd be interested... Not sure how far West you are.

Hank
Memphis, but have a commitment this weekend unfortunately. Hoping I can catch one of your future ones if you end up doing them. I'm still (though just about done now) building out my off-grid camp gear. Haven't done any camping since about 2017, and at that point it was just campground glamping where I was using the on-site water and electric. Haven't done primitive camping in about 30 years. :)

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Let's answer some questions and get some more trips planned!!!

East, West or Middle TN... Where are you from?
How often do you get out on the trails?
Where are you headed next?
What type of event would you like to see hosted and where in TN?
I'm originally from California, moved to Charlotte 4 years ago and just bought a house in Chattanooga, will be moving in a week or so. Have explored quite a bit of Western NC, SC and excited to still be close to all that but now have Tennessee as my backyard. Once summer ends, i'm usually out at least once a month through spring the next year.

Would love to meet some local folks who can show me around eastern Tennessee

TrippinStfflr

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Rock Island, TN, USA
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Stiffler
Whats up guys!! I'm semi new to OB. We just settled in Middle TN in Rock Island. We were full time RV'ers for a couple years but recently bought a property to build a little homestead on. Obviously being an RV'er, I'm not new to camping and traveling but I've always wanted to get more into primitive off road camping and ditch the 30ft trailer. I have a 92 4runner 4wd, a 2017 F250 4wd and Im waiting on my 2021 4runner offroad premium to arrive in the mail any day now. Just wanted to start getting my name out there and let you know I'd like to meet up and find some trails or plan some trips.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Welcome to OB!
SIX15 Overland has an OB Rally Point trip to DBBB/Red River Gorge on Thanksgiving weekend.

They are also rolling as a group to the Rendezvous in the Ozarks in mid October.

If you have any questions feel free to hive me a shout.

Hank

Whats up guys!! I'm semi new to OB. We just settled in Middle TN in Rock Island. We were full time RV'ers for a couple years but recently bought a property to build a little homestead on. Obviously being an RV'er, I'm not new to camping and traveling but I've always wanted to get more into primitive off road camping and ditch the 30ft trailer. I have a 92 4runner 4wd, a 2017 F250 4wd and Im waiting on my 2021 4runner offroad premium to arrive in the mail any day now. Just wanted to start getting my name out there and let you know I'd like to meet up and find some trails or plan some trips.

bcmedicxj

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Vonore, TN, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRKP 397 Groundhog
Service Branch
EMS
I'm in East TN. I try to get on a trail 3 or 4 times a month. Usually around the Tellico area which is my backyard. Ran the TAT in June from WV to GA and loved it. Thinking about doing the TAT adventure that is on the events page for December 1st. or continue into North GA to west TN on the TAT. I would like to see a meet and greet and have a planning session for a group weekend trip. As far as a location...anywhere with good food and shade.

hikermoose

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Cookeville, TN
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Norrod
Hey neighbor! I'm just up the road from you in Cookeville. I love Rock Island. Been going there to swim and hike/camp since I was a kid. Beautiful place. Welcome!

Reactions: David_561cfd

UAFlyfisher

Rank I

Contributor III

Memphis, TN, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Free
Howdy Howdy,
I'm very new to OB, and in the process of trying to figure out how we are going to get back outdoors now that we have both a 2yr old son and 4 mo old daughter. I spent most of my youth doing a mix of RV and tent camping with the family and continued with backpacking trips into college before adult life caught up with me. Wife is on board and ready for some adventures. We may even try to run up to Rendezvous in the Ozarks.

We are in the Memphis area and have an Expedition Max to accommodate the growing family and hopefully get us most places we want to go.

Reactions: Moebius01

Mike P

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Mike
Member #

Heyo!
Just moved up from LA :-)
Love being outdoors and exploring new places!
Haven't been to an Overland event out here yet but would love to see a Yota convoy through Nashville!
We're looking at places to go this weekend just a day trip find some water or somthing relaxing for the holiday weekend. Cheers!

Attachments

Reactions: JT Skirata

TrippinStfflr

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Rock Island, TN, USA
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Stiffler
Welcome to OB!
SIX15 Overland has an OB Rally Point trip to DBBB/Red River Gorge on Thanksgiving weekend.

They are also rolling as a group to the Rendezvous in the Ozarks in mid October.

If you have any questions feel free to hive me a shout.

Hank
Thanks for the heads up. I should be home for thanksgiving( I work offshore). I'll check back when it gets closer.

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

So coming back around to this thought, do you have any recommendations for an easy trail/camp spot at LBL? Now that the rig is pretty well done with phase 1, and I got at least a little experience under the belt at expo east, we're looking for some quick practice trips. Primarily working on streamlining our gear, and getting better at setting up and tearing down camp. Basically, I'm hoping to do some 1 night runs, and since there doesn't seem to be anything resembling dispersed camping around Memphis, my first thoughts are towards LBL or Ozark National Forest. I'm trying to find some spots that would be relatively easy to access; not necessarily gravel road easy, but easy enough I wouldn't be worried about traveling solo without recovery gear. I keep seeing some videos with areas near persimmon beach, but can't seem to figure out where that is using OnX (free sub, figured I'd give that a try then try Gaia).

JT Skirata

Rank I

Contributor III

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Tomkinson
Heyo!
Just moved up from LA :-)
Love being outdoors and exploring new places!
Haven't been to an Overland event out here yet but would love to see a Yota convoy through Nashville!
We're looking at places to go this weekend just a day trip find some water or somthing relaxing for the holiday weekend. Cheers!
I think I met a friend of yours at wendys in madison that drives the blue tacoma and think I've seen some of your YouTube videos. Really like the trip to nemos tunnel that you guys did and would actually really like to do that one myself. I'm new to this as well and looking for some locals to help share travel knowledge and locations. Hit me up if you guys have anymore group events! Just finished getting the rig set and am ready for adventure!

Reactions: Mike P

GPack77

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Pack
Member #

Hey guys, just saw this thread. I’m just outside of Nashville in Goodlettsville. I get out when I can which is about once a month. Just got back from roaming the Cherokee National Forrest and then went south into GA. Spent 5 days out there nice and relaxing. Would love to get out more. Gonna try to make the thanksgiving weekend trip but might not happen cos of work. Hope to meet y’all soon.

I will say that area needs a good cleaning! We grabbed some of it but much more.

Reactions: JT Skirata