Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Whats up guys!

My girl friend and I will be attempting the 'Trans American Trail' on April 1st 2019 in our black 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 6-speed.

We have branded ourselves and now have our own You Tube channel up and running. The name of the channel is Nikko and Lee. Feel free to subscribe to follow our adventure across the United States. I will be following Sam C's Official TAT GPS maps from my GAIA GPS Setup. I have downloaded the 'TAT Atlantic Spur' and the 'TAT bundle pack'. I have also mapped out our routes on paper maps with pinned locations along our route for Gas and Food. We are both ready for the long adventure and ready to document our travels for you guys to watch!

We will be attending Overland Expo West 2019, May 17-19th after riding MOAB, UT for a day. If any of you would like to ride MOAB with me a few days prior to Overland Expo West 2019 just shoot me a PM and we will establish a meeting spot and time once we arrive in UT. The same goes to those interested in convoying to Flagstaff, AZ for Overland Expo West 2019 from Utah.

If you guys have any tips or suggestions for us please feel free to provide detailed information below. I have been trying to reach out to others who have attempted the entire TAT for their advice and suggestions. Other than that we feel prepared enough to endure this extended trip across the elements and are excited to share some kickass content with you guys! Hope to see some of you guys out there on the Trail!

YouTube Channel: Here
FaceBook Account: Here

- Nikko and Lee

Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 8.52.13 PM.png

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

looking forward to your write up and experiences. my wife and I are planning on doing it in July of 2020. be safe and happy trails my friend.
Thank you! Looking forward to the great unknown and exploring all nature has to offer on the way. Every one should plan this trip out at least once in their life.

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I look forward to following your journey! I'll do the trail some day. Beware that much of the Colorado high country will probably be snowed shut through June this year.

Reactions: Nickzero

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

We both had a blast in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Now we traverse up into Virginia to explore the entire state from East to West crossing beautiful farm lands and rail roads. Check out our new video we posted on the channel!

New Video Posted: Overlanding Virgina

Also here are a few pics from our travels so far!

Attachments

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Just arived in Arkansas yesterday! We will be staying with some family near little rock for a day or two to recharge and edit some content for the channel. So far the expedition to AR has been epic! So many scenic spots along the way. We are trying to find more spots for OK and CO, UT and AZ... If any one has any good info on wheeling spots for the rig keep us posted. - Nikko and Lee

A few more pics from the trip.

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

The "Oklahoma" part of the TAT is along the OK/KS state line and not a lot to do, pretty flat but can make for some pretty sunsets.
Depending on how far off you are wanting to deviate from the route the Great Salt Plain State park is about 30 miles south of 36.985902, -98.291813. You can't drive across it much like the Bonneville Salt Flats but you can dig for crystals.
If you wanted to play in sand dunes in Oklahoma, Little Sahara State park is about 50 miles south of the TAT route just south of Waynoka, Ok.
In Black Mesa in the far NW OK panhandle, you can visit the highest point in Oklahoma and see dinosaur tracks.

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

@Nickzero how long are you planning on staying in Arkansas?
Wednesday evening looks to be a bit wet in Oklahoma and those back roads will get very sloppy.
The image below is the latest NAM weather model (not done loading at this time). The image is for about 11pm Wednesday night.

FlatLander7

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Garner, Iowa USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
DIce
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0YDI
Like you photos of the eastern section. Three of us are planning to complete the northwestern section of the TAT Beginning May 10th, 2019 from Emery,, UT. AS we are beginning our drive from Iowa May 8th , and hitting trails on May 10th. We beleive this will include 1,500 miles of back country and off road trails. We down loaded the GPS route from kevingps.com. Has anyone else used these maps?

below are the three units goning on the trail. April2019tripunits1W.gif

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

New Video is up!

Another section of the TAT in the history books. (Tennessee) Such an epic journey thus far.
NEW VIDEO HERE!
Really enjoying the updates. I can't wait to get my wife retired so we can run this. In the meantime, I will live through y'all. Be safe and continue with the updates. Also, are you still planning on the move to Co?

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Really enjoying the updates. I can't wait to get my wife retired so we can run this. In the meantime, I will live through y'all. Be safe and continue with the updates. Also, are you still planning on the move to Co?
Thank you for the kind words. You guys will love it out here! And it's still a possibility. Our settling location still unknown...

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

If you want to check out an almost Kansas ghost town, venture north a little bit through the Gypsum Hills to Sun City, KS. 37.379079, -98.918012
If you like big bridges, Samson of the Cimarron would be a nice stop for you. 37.149616, -100.753705
Cimarron National Grassland in SW Kansas would be a good spot to stop and camp. 37.124362, -101.865666

Alabaster Cavern State Park in OK is pretty awesome. 36.697438, -99.149015

Comanche National Grassland in SE Colorado is pretty unique as well.
Greatly appreciate the locations. We are always down to check out special spots like these. We will be out of OK by tomorrow morning, we are staying at the TAT Bunk House tonight on the border. Such a beautiful place. We have had zero rain on our 4 day trek through OK. So no muddy farm roads!