• HTML tutorial

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Snowshoes and Potholes
May 13-15, 2022
Time: 9:00am
Meet Place: Grand View Gas 110 ID-78, Grand View, ID 83624 (Could be across the street for more parking)
Destination: Owyhee Desert
Estimated Duration: 3 days
Estimated Distance: 208 Grand View, ID to Marsing, ID.
Comms Channels: HAM=146.480, GRMS=17, CB=13
Zello Channel (phone app): SW Idaho Overlanding and 4x4

SW Idaho Overlanding is heading out into the Owhyees to find Snowshoes and Potholes. This is a 3 day trip with day 1 including one 2 mile hike to find showshoes. Then it is to our camp spot for two nights. Day two you could hang aroud camp, Drive 7 miles to the Owyhee to fish or to check it out, or hike up to 4 miles and see if you can find some potholes.

Roads could have some brushy tight spots and/or may need clearing (brush/deadfall) this early in the year. There are a couple of rocky areas so good tires will be needed.

First hike should be pretty straight forward with not much elevation gain/loss.

Second hike could be interesting. Not really sure how difficult, but I feel there could be some scrambling and picking direction could be tricky. This hike can be as far as we feel is good for us.

Day three is breakfast, breakcamp and head home.

No pictures to post for this trip since I don't have any and I can not find any. I do have a poor old pre SW Idaho Overlanding video that does cover a portion of the roads we will be driving if interested.

This is not a guided tour and all who attend are ultimately responsible for their own safety. I am not responsible for damage, injury and or death. You partake under your own free will knowing the dangers of such activities.

Reactions: trav87

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Grrbawls. The wife and I are out the first weekend in May, and memorial day as well. Probably gonna have to pass on this one. :coldsweat:

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Midas Touch II
June 22-25, 2022
Time: Texaco McDermitt (Quinn River Market) 10:00am - I-O-N Truck Plaza 7:30 am
Meet Place: Texaco McDermitt (Quinn River Market) 195 US-95, McDermitt, NV 89421 or caravan from Treasure Valley meetup I-O-N Truck Plaza 5644 Buntrock Rd, Marsing, ID 83639.
Destination: Northeast Nevada
Estimated Duration: 3-4 days
Estimated Distance: (Fuel to Fuel) Owyhee NV 269 miles/Elko, NV 278 miles
Zello Channel (phone app): SW Idaho Overlanding and 4x4

SW Idaho is heading back into Nevada for another adventure. Hopefully we can finish the trip this time.

2.jpg 3.jpg

This trip will include old mining sites, homesteads, hot springs, ghost towns. Should be plenty of two track travel. We will reach 8500' on this trip as well.

1.png

This trip is going into some areas I have only seen on maps so I don't really know what to expect. From what I have heard there is some great views and isolation. This trip is planned for 4 days, but could be shorter depending on road conditions and/or what we find. I am expecting some rough roads in places. Could be narrow two tracks from time to time. Could be muddy if weather is wet.

4.png

As mentioned above fuel stops can be up to 278 miles apart. Could be more if some roads are impassible or rerouting is needed, so be prepared if you attend.

This is not a guided tour and all who attend are ultimately responsible for their own safety. I am not responsible for damage, injury and or death. You partake under your own free will knowing the dangers of such activities.

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Signature Rock
Oct 1-2, 2022
Time: 8:00am
Meet Place: Grand View Gas 110 ID-78, Grand View, ID 83624 (Could be across the street for more parking)
Destination: Nevada/Idaho border
Estimated Duration: 2 days
Estimated Distance: 250 miles Grand View, ID to Grand View, ID.

SW Idaho Overlanding is heading deep into the desert for another adventure. This will be the last multi day trip for the year. Our destination? Signature Rock! What is it? Come along and find out.

Roads will be, for the most part, good 3/4 season roads. There will be some rougher two track roads for a portion of this trip. Most high clearance 2wd and stock 4wd vehicles with good tires should be fine. This would be a good trip for less experienced drivers. This trip does get fairly remote the closer we get to the Rock.

There will be fuel available at one point if needed. Do expect to pay a premium price for it though. Total distance from fuel stop to fuel stop is 250 miles.

There will be a short .16 mile hike to the Rock with an elevation gain/loss of about 150 feet.

The planned camp site will be on the Jarbidge River if all goes well.

No pictures to post for this trip since I don't have any and I cannot find any.

barnstormers

Rank V

Explorer I

Rupert Idaho
First Name
Barney
Last Name
Fife
Member #

Good morning George, I was wondering if you're familiar with the Leslie Gultch area of the owyhee canyon. More specificly is there an off road track from Leslie Gultch to Spring creek or do I have to bavktrack. Wantin to make a loop route from Mtn Home to leslie gultch back to the Owyhee back countyr HWy and silver city. any thoughts? thanks

Reactions: GHCOE