• HTML tutorial

The other Sean

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Minneapolis
Member #

Rig is looking sharp @Luis Merlo!

@Delux2769 may have inadvertently hinted at it but consider a Forester. Just might fit the bill and then some.
I've pointed out a few Fozzies to her among other vehicles, but the choice will be hers. I've also thought of a low dollar Foz for my next "beater" vehicle once my rusty and trusty 98 cavalier finally gives up the ghost.

The other Sean

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Minneapolis
Member #

I have my 2005 Forester XT with 2" Sumo lift on 30"tires and rode my kickstart only, single cylinder, thumper '85 SP600 all over the country as my adventure bike.
View attachment 22878 View attachment 22880
For those of us who don't know, what is the jug on the left with the hose that is hooked to the gas cap for? or am I seeing a water jug with a sip hose and a gas cap vent hose?

Delux2769

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lakewood, CO, USA
Member #

For those of us who don't know, what is the jug on the left with the hose that is hooked to the gas cap for? or am I seeing a water jug with a sip hose and a gas cap vent hose?
That is an ATV gas tank saddle bag that is holding my 40oz insulated water bottle. I got a second lid for it, drilled through, installed a barbed fitting, hose down into the bottle and an old hydration pack hose up to my face. Makes drinking much easier off road.
IMG_2590.JPG IMG_1033.JPG

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

Reactions: Delux2769

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
escape.jpg My Ford Escape named Rusty. I bought her escape.jpg for my Mom back in '03, then bought back from her in 2011 for five bucks. She babied it, though Northern Minnesota Winters and a crappy Ford clearcoat left her with some cosmetic flaws. She's super comfy to sleep in, even at -7F, and my long hauler for exploring the backwoods routes from Idaho to MN most of the year, plus keeps the miles low on the Jeeps.

Last edited:

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

Great looking vehicles here in a few weeks I'm hoping to finish what I have started on the renegade I want to add rotopax just not sure where to put them
Side of a roof basket or hitch basket. I'll tell ya it comes in handy when the vehicle rolls off the assembly line with a shot glass for a fuel tank. On the last fishing trip with my buddy that has the renegade, an extra 5 gallons came in handy for the 500 mile each way drive. We carried it on a hitch basket but if you go that route make sure you find a hitch that isn't low to the ground.

Also, make sure you have a fuel funnel, instead of a gas cap to keep dirt out they have a series of sliding doors that didn't always cooperate with the standard gas can nozzle.