First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRME413
SHOWCASE YOUR SUPER CLEAN INSTALL.

I worked really hard to do a SUPER CLEAN INSTALL for my Midland MXT 275. It was a pain but I am really happy I put in the extra effort. I even managed to put in a handheld charging station. I am looking to install a Midland DBR2500 and needs some ideas. I have never done an install where the radio is visible and I want it to look nice. Any ideas would be amazingly helpful!

Finished Product
Finished Product.jpg

Handset Dash Plug
Handset Dash Plug.jpg

Base Unit
Head Unit.jpg

Ram Mic Mount
Ram Mic Mount.jpg

Ghost Antenna
Ghost Antenna.jpg

Handheld Charging Station
Handheld Charging Station.jpg

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Nice, clean installation. Good job! Thanks for sharing! I also like the integration of the charging station for the handhelds. How did you attach the charging station?

Reactions: RoarinRow

North40overland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Sugar Hill, GA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRME413
Nice, clean installation. Good job! Thanks for sharing! I also like the integration of the charging station for the handhelds. How did you attach the charging station?
Thanks!! I used Velcro strip to attach the base where it sits and I clipped the end off the included 12v adapter cord and wired it in to the useless wireless charging station in the center console. Essentially I took the power feed for it and used it to power the charger. I drilled a small hole and put a rubber grommet. You can plug and unplug it and pull it out or put it in place. Works like a champ.

huachuca

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

tarboro nc
First Name
Al
Last Name
Killebrew
Member #

Very clean install - I have a MXT275 in a 19 Colorado with the same antenna and a couple of their handhelds so especially appreciate your work. My base is under the rear seat with an extension cable to a RJ11 bulkhead plug for the mic in the console fairing beneath the dash. I'm satisfied with that but haven't figured out a good spot for the mic hanger and would appreciate more info on what you've done there. Thanks.