St. Louis, MO
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Machuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9LOY
Good looking Foresters @JX T.A.G. and @GratefulFozzie!

To be completely honest, if you’re looking at spacer lifts there really isn’t a difference between the big name brands. They’re doing the same thing the same way. If you’re considering springs to lift or in general that adds an entirely different element to the mix.
When you say springs, are you talking one of the lift kits that uses springs for part of the lift and spacers for the rest, or you just talking about getting taller springs in general?

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
When you say springs, are you talking one of the lift kits that uses springs for part of the lift and spacers for the rest, or you just talking about getting taller springs in general?
You mentioned Primitive and the last time I looked that kit includes King springs as part of the lift. Springs in general are not for everyone. Whether they’re lift or OE height, the increased spring rate that they come with is designed to carry more weight. If you don’t carry enough weight day to day the ride will be impacted and if you don’t carry enough weight on trails traction will suffer because you’ll be hanging tires in the air because the suspension won’t ‘flex’ like you’d want it to. Those are just two of the things to think about but the point is spacer lifts ride exactly the same, just taller. Are you considering springs?

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Either the LP Adventure kit, or the Anderson kit. I was going to go with Primitive kit (as my old WRX had a couple of things from them), but that's only a 1.5" from what I can find.

If anyone has suggestions I'm open to them. :)
I'm running the ADF kit on my 2017 OUtback, 2" in the front 2 3/8" in the rear. Love it.

machoog546

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Louis, MO
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Machuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9LOY
You mentioned Primitive and the last time I looked that kit includes King springs as part of the lift. Springs in general are not for everyone. Whether they’re lift or OE height, the increased spring rate that they come with is designed to carry more weight. If you don’t carry enough weight day to day the ride will be impacted and if you don’t carry enough weight on trails traction will suffer because you’ll be hanging tires in the air because the suspension won’t ‘flex’ like you’d want it to. Those are just two of the things to think about but the point is spacer lifts ride exactly the same, just taller. Are you considering springs?
I'm not sure. I have a feeling if I'm going off road in this thing I'd be camping with mine and others camping gear. Gonna have to think about it. Thanks for the info.

I'm running the ADF kit on my 2017 OUtback, 2" in the front 2 3/8" in the rear. Love it.
Glad to hear. I haven't heard much of anything on the kits from people who have them besides the couple of guys on Youtube.

Slippery Chuck

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Buckeye, AZ, USA
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Finn
Member #

Hey love the rigs! I'm a newer member from Canada #3847, current explorations partner is my lifted 2016 Outback 2.5i w/6 speed, has taken me from the east coast of Canada to the west coast. Hoping to make a few trips down south to enjoy so of the trails and camping I see most of the members States side doing, looks a little warmer [emoji4] View attachment 18867

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using OB Talk mobile app
Awesome picture! Greetings from NY!

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Christopher Hersey

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Roseville, CA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Hersey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6GTB
There are some great Subies on here! I previously had a Hawkeye wagon, followed by a ‘15 FXT. I traded the WRX in on the Fozzy but unfortunately had to have Subaru buy it back when the engine blew at 45K miles. I now drive a Tacoma.

The WRX:
61776F3D-1FB5-4B7C-8113-33485A6E0525.jpeg

The FXT the day I sold it back. :/
CB983566-142E-4422-884B-367887629017.jpeg

GratefulFozzie

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Pittsburgh
Member #

There are some great Subies on here! I previously had a Hawkeye wagon, followed by a ‘15 FXT. I traded the WRX in on the Fozzy but unfortunately had to have Subaru buy it back when the engine blew at 45K miles. I now drive a Tacoma.

The WRX:
View attachment 65447

The FXT the day I sold it back. :/
View attachment 65449
Can’t go wrong with a Tacoma. Bummer about the forester.

Reactions: Rocky

GratefulFozzie

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Pittsburgh
Member #

My 2010 forester has the notorious heat shield rattle.... has anyone else dealt with this, I’m currently using band clamps. I was thinking if and wondering if anyone has wrapped the exhaust in heat tape and if that would be a way to replace the heat shields and eliminate the rattle

Low594

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakland, CA, US
First Name
James
Last Name
o'Brien
Member #

My 2010 forester has the notorious heat shield rattle.... has anyone else dealt with this, I’m currently using band clamps. I was thinking if and wondering if anyone has wrapped the exhaust in heat tape and if that would be a way to replace the heat shields and eliminate the rattle
I believe that is a common solution.

Reactions: GratefulFozzie

GratefulFozzie

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Pittsburgh
Member #

The question for today is rally bar, and light bars for the end. What are you guys using, think I’m gonna go rally innovation

Low594

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakland, CA, US
First Name
James
Last Name
o'Brien
Member #

I just picked up my 2019 6spd Crosstrek. It will be getting a small lift, tires, front bar and skids. I had a bugeye WRX for 16 years and sold it last summer. View attachment 67277
Welcome, nice color!
I believe there are several companies doing lifts for these. LP Adventure is even being installed by the dealers in some areas, financed and possibly not voiding warranty!

MotorsargeT

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Welcome, nice color!
I believe there are several companies doing lifts for these. LP Adventure is even being installed by the dealers in some areas, financed and possibly not voiding warranty!
I work for a Subaru dealer and we are actually working on being a distributor for L.P. Adventure. My Crosstrek might be the dealer guinea pig! If you look close the air deflector on the roof rack has their logo!

Reactions: Low594