Blue Quill, Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
JPD
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Infantry vet. 88-03
Hey all. Former GM 3/4 ton truck, former Montero owner. Now we recently picked up a 2013 Crosstrek. I actually follow a few of you folks on IG (my username here is the same on IG).

We're really enjoying the Subaru. Best fuel mileage compared to anything I've ever owned with 4 wheels... Longest range vehicle I've driven too.

Now it's a matter of transferring everything over that was on or in the Montero...

And on Monday, we're heading to the Rockies and the Forestry Trunk Rd to see what this little thing can do...

Anyhow, I guess that's about it for now.

Cheers.
John
20180802_211615.jpg
IMG_20180809_202012_000.jpg

Last edited:

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Hey all. Former GM 3/4 ton truck, former Montero owner. Now we recently picked up a 2013 Crosstrek. I actually follow a few of you folks on IG (my username here is the same on IG).

We're really enjoying the Subaru. Best fuel mileage compared to anything I've ever owned with 4 wheels... Longest range vehicle I've driven too.

Now it's a matter of transferring everything over that was on or in the Montero...

And on Monday, we're heading to the Rockies and the Forestry Trunk Rd to see what this little thing can do...

Anyhow, I guess that's about it for now.

Cheers.
John
Hey John. I don't think I realized you got rid of the Montero. I thought this was an addition but regardless, welcome to the fold!

Carnivore

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Blue Quill, Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
JPD
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Infantry vet. 88-03
Hey John. I don't think I realized you got rid of the Montero. I thought this was an addition but regardless, welcome to the fold!
Thanks! Yeah, we were constantly worried about potential mechanical issues rearing their head while out exploring. With the lack of available parts (or Monteros in general) here in Canada, we felt the prudent choice was to buy something with substantial parts availability.

Honestly we're stoked about the Crosstrek. Granted the ride quality isn't as plush as the Montero was, but that's comparing apples and oranges. The XV is a treat to drive for sure.

We're empty nesters now that my son moved in with his girlfriend so the smaller footprint is a bonus now

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

machoog546

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Louis, MO
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Machuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9LOY
What lift kit will you go with and what size?
Either the LP Adventure kit, or the Anderson kit. I was going to go with Primitive kit (as my old WRX had a couple of things from them), but that's only a 1.5" from what I can find.

If anyone has suggestions I'm open to them. :)

Reactions: Dominik

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Good looking Foresters @JX T.A.G. and @GratefulFozzie!

Either the LP Adventure kit, or the Anderson kit. I was going to go with Primitive kit (as my old WRX had a couple of things from them), but that's only a 1.5" from what I can find.

If anyone has suggestions I'm open to them. :)
To be completely honest, if you’re looking at spacer lifts there really isn’t a difference between the big name brands. They’re doing the same thing the same way. If you’re considering springs to lift or in general that adds an entirely different element to the mix.