Subaru Owners Registry

• HTML tutorial

RunningPirate

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Belmont, CA
Member #

Welcome! Making these changes to your vehicle becomes addicting so just enjoy the ride haha.

In regards to your questions.. Pretty much any change from what the engineers planned will have a negative impact on reliability. This is something we know and we just accept it but with that said there’s no saying just how much a parts life is shortened. We aren’t chewing anything up regularly if that’s your concern. Typical Subaru lifts have almost no affect on ‘normal’ day to day handling. That kind of lift retains stock springs/dampers so the ride quality is exactly the same. The angle of forces applied to the sway bars is changed due to the incorrect length endlinks but this isn’t easily noticeable. It wasn’t a sports car before and it won’t be after.

So what made you choose the Anderson lift kit over others? more complete? better build quality? Did you install it yourself, or have a shop do it? You spoke towards handling, but what about the ride? The stock set up rides quite smooth.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Thanks! I'll have a look at your build thread to check out your suspension set up, closer.

Also, in regards to your handle - is Wawa a reference to the convenience store? (I used to live in Macungie many years ago, and WaWa had outstanding coffee, IMO)
No problem!

I presently live an hour north of Macungie and was just down there last weekend. I’m quite familiar with Wawa but it’s not from that. It’s an old gen 1 iPhone autocorrect goof up that always made me laugh haha.

At the time I lifted mine there weren’t really any other options. That said ADF is great at what they do and it’s an American based small business which are two areas I look to spend my money. I install everything myself and I mentioned the ride in my first response. Since the springs/dampers are unchanged the ride quality is also unchanged.

Reactions: RunningPirate

MarcosV1017

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New from Utah. Stock 01 forester L 340k mi. I will start a build thread at some point, but just planned out my build and i am excited! Im also kinda broke so it will take time, but in the end, i hope it will be well worth it.

Attachments

HudsonZRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington, USA
First Name
Harley
Last Name
W
Member #

martin_j001

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lawrenceville, GA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Last edited:

Enthusiast III

Upper Moreland, PA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Rousis
Member #

9.JPG
22.JPG 23.JPG

A lot of nice Subaru's here. Here is my newest and 6th Subaru. 2018 Crosstrek Premium 6spd.

Mods:
15" Sparco Terra wheels
215/75R15 General Grabber A/T2's
Rally Armor flaps
Primitive Racing engine/trans/diff skid plate
Baja Designs Squadron Pro wide cornering yellow fogs

Next Mods:
Either a Wilco Offroad hitchgate solo or a custom rear bumper with built in tire carrier.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran

JTPhoto

Rank 0

Traveler I

New member, decided to finally take the leap of faith and update my 2015 Forester XT after 4 years of ownership. This is my 6th Subaru and the longest I have ever owned a car before making some sort of modification.

I have a huge build planned over the next year before the soon to be wife and I head out West for 2 weeks next summer.

Current Modifications:
17 x 8 Method 502s +38
235/65/17 Yokohama Geolanders G015XL
OEM Rain Guards
OEM Crossbars
Thule Bike Rack
POS Garage Sale Roof Rack (Hidden)
Diode Dynamics LED Headlights
Diode Dynamics Lighbar

Parts Ordered 7/25:
Anderson 2in Lift Kit
ARB 4 foot Awning
Primitive Skid Plates (Front, Middle, Rear)

CI6I6882-Edit-2-3.jpg

Last edited:

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

New member, decided to finally take the leap of faith and update my 2015 Forester XT after 4 years of ownership. This is my 6th Subaru and the longest I have ever owned a car before making some sort of modification.

I have a huge build planned over the next year before the soon to be wife and I head out West for 2 weeks next summer.

Current Modifications:
17 x 8 Method 502s
235/65/17 Yokohama Geolanders G015XL
OEM Rain Guards
OEM Crossbars
Thule Bike Rack
POS Garage Sale Roof Rack (Hidden)
Diode Dynamics LED Headlights
Diode Dynamics Lighbar

Parts Ordered 7/25:
Anderson 2in Lift Kit
ARB 4 foot Awning
Primitive Skid Plates (Front, Middle, Rear)

View attachment 62957

do you get any rubbing from the tires ?

Ripley1046

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manitowoc, WI
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Ripley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9VKY
Picked up a set of used wheels from an older Forester I think, not too sure. They were plastidipped black, I peeled that off and dipped them graphite sparkle as a color test. We'll be painting them next time they come off the car. Also got a set of 29" (235/70/16) BFG KO2s for a screaming deal. They were "used", someone put them on a Ford Transit, drove home and back and bought something else. Their mistake, my advantage. For the record, the only spot they've rubbed so far is the front mud flaps. They are snug, but I don't foresee any other issues unless we get a ton of mud caked on. A lift is likely in the near future now. Not sure what/how much. These tires will be offroad only really, we still have the Goodyear Assurance triple-tred all seasons.
IMG_6841.jpg IMG_6851.jpg

Ripley1046

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manitowoc, WI
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Ripley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9VKY
Also, my wife and I became moderators for MTN ROO WI recently. We will be at Fl4tfest in Madison, WI next weekend if anyone is in the area or is planning on coming. There is a car show, rally x and auto x. Mtn Roo also built an off road obstacle that anyone can run for $10. We have a whole section dedicated to overlanders too. Let me know if you're coming, or look for the car above and say hi!

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Musubie

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Los Angeles
Purchased a 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 diesel yesterday I traded in my daily 2017 Legacy. I did not sell the Foz but am open to offers on it currently. Please email me if seriously interested ( fozroamer at gmail ) . I am in NO RUSH to sell the foz and will take my time to find the right buyer. Mods:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nDRIVmsu_5O8Jn1tgcMjiQeuu4fU6u9ow9hAM8_NVnE/edit

IMG_2278 (1)

DSC04694
FozRoamer,

Nice purchase. If Chevy made an SUV out of the ZR2 platform I'd buy that in a heartbeat. If only the new Blazer were exactly that. But no, it's a glorified Traverse . . . But I digress.

I'm in CA as well and I'm wondering if you've got plans for the Duramax. Any deletes in the future? Chips and tunes? I'm asking because I'd love to hear firsthand about how to do all this while maintaining CA emissions.