Subaru Forester 2016

• HTML tutorial

SwimWill

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Orlando, fl
Member #

image.jpeg image.jpeg Been working on a Subaru Forester 2016 for a year now. This is what I got now. More pics to come.

Exterior
30" led light bar combo 150w 13k lumens
2x 8" led light bar 18 w 1350 lumens each
From
Superbrightled.com

Rally bar
From
Rallyinnovations.com

Rhino luggage rack

Mounted CB antenna (which will be remounted to back when wilco swing hitch tire carrier is added)
( future mod
http://www.wilcooffroad.com/shop/hitchgate/ )

Interior
29 lx cobra CB
4 led lighting system
Gun rack for shovel and Hachet

Future mods

Wilco swing hitch carrier
http://www.wilcooffroad.com/shop/hitchgate/

New Suspense and tires

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Sure, have fun with it! Everyone knows, or should know, just how capable Subaru's are in stock form. Adding tires and some more clearance on top of the 8.7" it comes with will only add to that. It looks like you have a plan and you're covering the basics so get out there and get some experience with X-mode if you haven't been already. It can be intrusive on run of the mill descents but is awesome otherwise. Next is to gear up. Recovery and things of that sort. It really all depends on what your intentions are.

Reactions: Rocky

SwimWill

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Orlando, fl
Member #

No X mode in basic model but does have the VDR.
Suspense and tires are next for sure

My intentions for this vehicle is to make it one of a kind and my little engine that could ha

Reactions: 1 person

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
No X mode in basic model but does have the VDR.
Suspense and tires are next for sure

My intentions for this vehicle is to make it one of a kind and my little engine that could ha
Gotcha haha. Well the Forester enjoys a larger aftermarket than my Outback so you definitely have some options. I even came across sliders for your car the other day. What tires/suspension have you decided on?

Reactions: Rocky and SwimWill

SwimWill

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Orlando, fl
Member #

Gotcha haha. Well the Forester enjoys a larger aftermarket than my Outback so you definitely have some options. I even came across sliders for your car the other day. What tires/suspension have you decided on?

Slider send me link! Please and thank you!

Tires and suspension I'm looking for any advice I can get!

Figure work my way down and start with suspense and maybe spacers first?

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Slider send me link! Please and thank you!

Tires and suspension I'm looking for any advice I can get!

Figure work my way down and start with suspense and maybe spacers first?
Sliders.. http://get-primitive.com/side-rails-rock-sliders/172-2014-forester-rock-sliders.html?search_query=Sliders&results=2

Primitive is where my skid plates/armor are from. Not intended for rock crawling but certainly strong enough for most things and the light weight is a bonus.

If you're considering spacers look at Anderson Design Fabrication. Most of the lifting options are pretty much copies of each other but Sumo is unique and looks pretty stout as well. I will warn you that lifting is addictive so be realistic with your plans haha. Listen to the experts on lift limitations when it comes to your axles if you plan on springs as well. I never planned to go as high as my Outback is but I love it.

How much time do you intend to spend off road? and what kind of terrain? I run Yokohama Geolander G015's. Certainly not as hard core as KO2's but they're also not boat anchors like the KO2's. Good road manors, excellent wear (supposedly because mine have less than 5k on them), surprisingly quiet for an AT tire, and the traction has been impressive. Off road they've only hunted for traction briefly twice. Never in Xmode but both cases are also a testament to Subaru AWD.

My build thread for reference https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/but-its-a-subaru-outback-build-thread.2423/